Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 08:52 AM

Default NL FULL RING requesting split

In a nutshell:

Our forum has discussed this on multiple occasions and the majority are for a split.

We feel like there would actually be more participation with two separate forums for the following reasons: First, there are a lot of micro-stakes players who aren't posting because they kind of feel out of place. Several of them have PMed me in the past and told me this (along with others posting the same thing in discussion threads we have had on this topic).
Several higher-stakes players also don't visit quite as much as they would because they don't want to sift through the "noise", or micro-stakes posts and beginner questions.

But besides these things, we also should have enough traffic to warrant it.

My personal opinion is that the split should be 5NL-50NL and 100NL+. I think most probably agree with me. This would be best because:

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] It is consistant with how the short-handed forums are divided.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] It would be the most even division of traffic.

Some posters would like to see 200NL+, but I don't think that's best for the forums.

And if and when a split takes place, we would appreciate being allowed to vote for any new moderators as a community.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: NL FULL RING requesting split

if it splits: 5/10+ vs 3/6- is by far the best split. NL5 plays exactly like NL400. NL600 is in a bit of a no-man's land, but I think SSNL is closer than HSNL for it.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if it splits: 5/10+ vs 3/6- is by far the best split. NL5 plays exactly like NL400. NL600 is in a bit of a no-man's land, but I think SSNL is closer than HSNL for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I know of the forum like 3 people play 3/6+. The 100nl+ would divide the traffic pretty well into micro stakes and small stakes+.

I think all of the 3/6+ hands just go into MSNL anyway.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NL5 plays exactly like NL400.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get real!

I second pokerboy's request.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NL5 plays exactly like NL400.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, no.

Imsakid nailed it.

EDIT: CHOO CHOO!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 10:52 AM

+1. Split as pokerboy recommends.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Discussion from 6 weeks ago

FR Discussion on split
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

From what I know of the forum like 3 people play 3/6+

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who plays 25/50 at Stars plays full ring, I assume this is what TWP was getting at
Old 08-08-2007, 11:12 AM

All for a split.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Discussion from 6 weeks ago

FR Discussion on split

[/ QUOTE ]

I have made a new post in this thread, which I think adresses much of the ?s and needs for a forum split and my thoguhts on the whole matter.

Below, is my post from the thread that is linked, however, for some reason when quoting it over, it became unformatted. So if someone actually cares to read it, it is formatted and a lot easier to read in the linked thread.

[ QUOTE ]

I used to be anti split... Latley however, I think there is some merit to a split. However, I think our split should go against the common splitting req's...

In our forum we really have a few seperate communities, the uNL players, the 100NL players, and the 200+ NL players. A lot of the 200nl+ players used to be 100nl posters when this forum first started and most of them have progressed upwards together or at similar paces and now here is a the makings of a really solid mid stakes FR community brewing.. Also, I think that the difference between 100nl and 200nl is the biggest gap in skill and gameplay much more so then nl50 - nl100. Therefore, I think if we do end up splitting the forum it should be split that NL100 and lower is the Small and Micro statkes FR forum and NL200+ Is the mid and high stakes FR forum.

This will give the uNL players a place to post and learn and will keep traffic of some of the higher small stakes players (NL100) in their forum, and I don't think the uNL players is enough of traffic to keep a forum survigin on thier own, however, if we toss in the NL100 FR traffic, this will provide sufficient traffic. And we have lots of exisiting quality NL100 players and posters who will bring valuable insight and information to the forum.

Hopefully this will increase traffic with regards to posts NL25-NL100 and also give the players playing Nl2-NL10 a home and a place to post, where they don't have to worry about cluttering a forum. So yea, ideally we would have a good mix of SSNL FR (NL25-NL100) and uNL FR (NL2-NL10).

I know a lot of NL100 players are going to be against putting NL100 in the SSNL/uNL group, however, I think that those who play NL100 are against this splitting for selfish reasons, because the fear the MSNL/HI FR crew will stop giving analysis to thier hands and well everyone has ego problems and doesn't want to be put with the uNL. Yet, I ask that we put that behind us and take this split and group with the lower end for the sake of the forums, and if we put in the work we can grow the forum into a great learning tool for those FR players who play lower then us, and have a great palce to analyize and work on our own play and discuss day-day play. So, I ask that fellow NL100 players not be selfish and embrace the split, and we prepare to give back this community and help the uNL and build our own good community with our fellow players are our stakes.

On another point, if we do have a forum split, we need a restructuring of the mods. the SSNL/uNL FR forum would need its own mods and the MSNL/HSNL FR forum would need its own mods also. And then there could be a mod who is modding both forums (Preferably one who jumps in stakes between all the levels).

Since I will be participating in the SSNL/uNL FR forum, I would like to see myself and Berge20 be mods of this new forum, and then add another mod preferably who plays the uNL, maybe someone like Teddie. The reasons for having so many is that, more is always better especially when trying to get a forum up off its feet. More of us, especially including a uNL player as a mod, would allow for a better ability to plan forum events and threads based upon what specific needs of players need to be adressed and what there is a demand for.

Moving on, then for a mods who can mod both forums, I would like to see CryMeARiver and Diebitter. They both are excellent posters in this forum and they seem to play a variety of stakes relatrive to the two potential forums. I think with these 2 we can't go wrong and this will keep them active in both forums. Which I think is something we can all agree everyone benefits from.

And then for the MSNL/HSNL FR forum, I have no idea who should be incharge of this forum, since I do not play these stakes and often I don't read and reply to these posts so I have no idea really whos quality posters. However, there are tons of very very active players who play NL200+ who are also great posters and we really can't go wrong with picking any of that group. Again though I think they would need to pick who plays NL200 primarily and another 1 or 2 who play higher regularly. But yea there is a great lot of posters within that community and you can't go wrong with any of them.

So yea, I hope this makes sense, and maybe opens some eyes of some people that were anti-split before and maybe even helped check some NL100 players egos at the door about being part of the SSNL/uNL FR forum...

In closing, I think this split needs to happen and needs to happen soon. Because, right now we basically have 3 seperate communities in one forum, and lots of people are feeling out of place and its leading to people being either afraid to post or afraid to reply to posts. And with those being problems, its hard for one cohesive community to grow. Thats why, again, if we split, we could have two great communities in the works, and I'm personally excited for the possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]