Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Free Party Hand Grabber v0.01 available

very nice Juk using it right now!

is there a way we can load more than than 10 observed tables at once without using windows multiple user trick..

how is this an improvement from PHT btw they appear to do the same thing right?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well we tried to contain the other program and that succeeded. the reason for that is because partypoker clearly reads 2+2 and it's an incredibly simple loophole to fix (though i don't think PTH will be effected if they do fix the loophole). i strongly believe that this stuff should be kept underground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if this post may get deleted anyway, but hopefully by then enough people will see their is a free alternative. If Party do read these threads then their are 2/3 existing threads which clearly talk about, and show that this loophole exists.

My intention is not to get this loophole fixed, but is simply to try to put an end to the kind of thing Party gets mad at (ie: other people/companies profiting). As TT pointed out in another thread, it may even turn out they left this loophole for us to use (they also left Dealer Chat for some unknown reason, and today's update hasn't blocked either).

I think if they are going to block this then at worse this simply accelerates the inevitable. Also, it is not the end of the world if they do fix this loophole. This is not the only method which can be used, it is just the most obvious/simple one to implement. If they do decide to plug this loophole, then I will obviously not be as keen publicise any other methods I have looked into and will be forced to keep them underground.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very nice Juk using it right now!

is there a way we can load more than than 10 observed tables at once without using windows multiple user trick..

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know of anyway to get more than 10 tables open, possibly multiple accounts on the same XP system?

[ QUOTE ]
how is this an improvement from PHT btw they appear to do the same thing right?

[/ QUOTE ]

No improvement (and clearly zero interface, and hacky code). It just does exactly the same thing as PHT does and took about 1/2 a day to code up - therefore its free and will stay free... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2006, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
strongly believe that this stuff should be kept underground.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this ..with the solution free and more players using it Party may be more likely to crack down on any/all loopholes regarding this matter... I like the approach PTH guy had:he was very low key,the app was cheap and it has worked great..not taking anything away from your work at all Juk. If this can be kept low key thats cool if not both apps may get nixed by Party sooner than later.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
strongly believe that this stuff should be kept underground.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this ..with the solution free and more players using it Party may be more likely to crack down on any/all loopholes regarding this matter... I like the approach PTH guy had he was very low key,the app was cheap and worked great..not taking anything away from your work at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this thread does get taken down, then I hope people will keep using this free application rather than PHT.

It was the fact he tried to claim it took some huge level of 'technical know-how' and hours of work to do this that eventually made me decide enough is enough [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In reality it took very little time and could just have easily been written in Visual Basic. The Pacific Handgrabber for example is a significantly bigger piece of work (in the order of 20-50x this to decode the raw packet information), and this sells for $5 if I remember correctly.

If anybody goes back to check the original pacific HandGrabber thread, you can see my question about it. When I saw he only charged $5, then I decided against open-sourcing my code which did almost the same (only limit ring games - and it took MUCH more work than this). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also nobody listened to my 'stealth post' in the HHSmithy thread, and it is that type of thing I fear is much more likely to have huge implications than this type of app. They have made their position very clear on data sharing, yet they seem to have left several easy to exploit loopholes for this type of application.

Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, but I think since I am trying to stop the profit making from things such as PartyHandTracker and HHSmithey, the fact that I have openly published it like this (for free) will be in its favour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Party, and similar type companies, really only have two concerns about such software:

1) Is the presence of such software 'talked' about a lot, to the extent that the amount of talk could hurt their market (ie. scare players away)

2) Does the software provide some level of unfair advantage?

Their publicity material talks about their disliking companies who sell such software (or related services), but it is not at all clear that Party mean that giving it away for free is any better. Possibly the idea of someone giving something useful away for free never occured to them! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wouldn't put too much reliance on Party's written word ("We do not scan your hard drive or take screen shots from your machine.").

Your program, whether it is free or not, will increase the likelihood of Party responding to its type, because it, and your releasing it, suffers from both #1 and #2 above.

The question is whether you see Party's increased likelihood of responding as a positive, or negative, consequence to your action?

If you want the technique blocked (if you see this as beneficial to poker), then you've done the right thing, and should continue to do so.

If your issue is to do with people selling products that you could write for free, so you do it, and undercut their market, then I don't really understand this. The world is full of people who can do things I cannot (eg. make shoes, give lapdances, etc), and I am happy to pay for their services - if I want them. Or not to pay for them if I don't (as I chose with HHSmithey and PHT).

As skilful and knowledgaable as you are, you're going to be a very busy person if you don't like people charging for anything you can do.

In the event that you agree with me Juk, please do not change your behaviour until <u>after</u> you have written a quality replacement for Windows, a spam blocker, and a totally effective virus blocker. I'd be very appreciative [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2006, 11:58 PM

Hi

I'm having some issues with the import part of this, partially because I'm retarded, I'm sure. what's the best method for getting these imported into party poker? the Party auto import or the lightning bold auto import?
Old 03-08-2006, 12:00 AM

It wont let me unzip the file. It tells me its not a valid archive. Any ideas?
Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

I'm having some issues with the import part of this, partially because I'm retarded, I'm sure. what's the best method for getting these imported into party poker? the Party auto import or the lightning bold auto import?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm also retarded..can anyone give us a crash course on how to get this up and running.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It wont let me unzip the file. It tells me its not a valid archive. Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea why but... Download it from Internet Explorer and it seems to work. From Firefox the archive is invalid.