Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

Why Josem? I'd like to know how bad the security really is.
My suggestion was made in jest anyways, as I don't condone actually breaking in and finding incriminating evidence. That's just not MY thing. But, it's a free world, mostly.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, I love how easy it is for people not to care if people like me get screwed if Absolute goes down all the way for this.

just pretty sure they'd be singing a different tune if they had 150k on the line here

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of moron would have 150k in their AP account after this scandal....Ohhh, ooops. nevermind.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw, I love how easy it is for people not to care if people like me get screwed if Absolute goes down all the way for this.

just pretty sure they'd be singing a different tune if they had 150k on the line here

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of moron would have 150k in their AP account after this scandal....Ohhh, ooops. nevermind.

[/ QUOTE ]

took account down to ~60k two weeks ago when the original scandal came out. Went on a hot streak, doubled it. Tried to withdraw before you even knew about the second round of allegations. So far that has gotten hung up. Add the 30k I was cheated out of, that makes 150k.

no need to be a douche.

EDIT: Also 120k isn't that much at all when you are playing a lot of 10K HU. Most of my roll is still offline in a 5+% savings acct or in stocks, but w/e. The point is you'd be singing a different tune if you had any money on the line, its easy to talk about sacrifices due to morals when you aren't sacrificing anything
Old 10-17-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, please refrain from witch hunts for now. It is pretty scary and could get us into trouble. We have absolute by the balls and we should just keep up the pressure on spreading the news of what we 100% KNOW is cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's time for a new thread since this one hasn't really been about potripper for several pages.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. This might be a tinfoil hat thing, but here it goes:

Back in 2004, AP started its weekly Guaranteed tourneys. IIRC it was 8k. This was promoted, etc.

Anyhow, the fields were in the hundreds and the SAME PLAYER won the first three of these tourneys. His name was UGAISTHETEAM.

These results were publicized on the scroll below the log in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have a couple hundred replies unread, but I played a fair amount with UGA ~2 yrs ago on AP at limits ranging from 10/20-75/150

There was nothing out of the ordinary going on that I observed then.

Dunno bout the tournies.

just having some fun Ikes. This thread is so srs though, so I'll stop. Carry on.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but didn't you make a post about how the games were still you good and you were still playing them in one of these threads after everything already started to go down?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand where you're coming from but what do you want people to do? Should your name be mentioned in every post? Should we be flying to Costa Rica and drawing up picket signs on the plane?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but didn't you make a post about how the games were still you good and you were still playing them in one of these threads after everything already started to go down?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes fish were (are) still there. Easiest way was to get my money back was to play there and win. At first I minimized my exposure buy taking a lot of my bankroll, but I shot up again making money there.

i also don't see how this makes a difference
Old 10-17-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nearly 22000 players on AP right now (yes I know that includes play money). 95% of poker players have no idea what 2+2 is. This will have virtually no impact on Absolute. Everyone has predicted the demise of Absolute many times over (bonus changes, rake changes, Bad beat jackpot changes, etc) and it has never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

this holds true right now, but if the scandal ever catches on with a national/global media outlet... AP is screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, I really disagree.

I've seen all kinds of incorrect stories about how it's illegal to play internet-poker...and also saw stories about how online-poker is always rigged against the human players who have virtually no chance against all those cheaters who can see everyone's hole-cards and/or all those bots that can never lose.

I've seen such stories on REGULAR news programs in the U.S.

They do serve to feed the fears who are paranoid about it and may push some into not giving it a try. But, for the most part, these stories did very little.

Such stories airing on a national scale would not be that big a deal because there are so many out there who would say, "Ummm, didn't we already know there were cheaters and it was all rigged? They aren't telling us anything new."

[/ QUOTE ]

None of these stories were accompanied with video of a founder of a major poker site being led away in handcuffs for cheating his customers, which is a real possibility here. We may need to give the casual viewer more credit for being able to see these other "news" stories for the BS they are.
Closed Thread