[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted For Truth, DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhh
Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Why is There Flags All Over My Yard

[ QUOTE ]
Red,

I'm glad you came out of it well, but losing everything you owned is not the correct way to phrase it when you were properly insured. There were a lot of people who weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i'm sorry, but i've lost everything i've owned to a house fire, and to tell someone it doesn't matter because they had insurance takes some chutzpah.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I come home from work today to find neon spray paint and little flags all over my yard. Some say "Buried phone" and some say "Buried Electrical Cable" They trail from the front to the back of my house. There is also spray painted symbols in the street in front my my house. I pulled all the flags out of the ground and threw them in the garage. Why would they do this? Actually I have no idea who they is.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like the start of a Thomas Pynchon novel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Douglas Adams. In "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", Arthur Dent wakes up to find that the city is about to tear down his house to put in an expressway bypass, the finds out that the Vogons are about to destroy the Earth to make room for an inter-galactic bypass.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what Tuq's point is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't understand what he was trying to say either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did's could I have that for my undertitle??

"I have no idea what Tuq's point is"

Tuq will forgive me: I voted him funniest guy on OOT a while back.....back in the day......
Old 10-08-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I come home from work today to find neon spray paint and little flags all over my yard. Some say "Buried phone" and some say "Buried Electrical Cable" They trail from the front to the back of my house. There is also spray painted symbols in the street in front my my house. I pulled all the flags out of the ground and threw them in the garage. Why would they do this? Actually I have no idea who they is.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like the start of a Thomas Pynchon novel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Douglas Adams. In "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy", Arthur Dent wakes up to find that the city is about to tear down his house to put in an expressway bypass, the finds out that the Vogons are about to destroy the Earth to make room for an inter-galactic bypass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ALREADY POINTED THIS OUT. IN MUCH WITTIER FASHION, MIND YOU
Old 10-09-2007, 01:07 AM

this thread has taken a turn for the confusing.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:55 AM

1. Dig little flags out of garbage.
2. Replant in different places.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you came out of it well, but losing everything you owned is not the correct way to phrase it when you were properly insured.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I had a whole house full of stuff, and then 8 hours later, my whole house full of stuff was somewhere in the Gulf, and I no longer had my stuff.

I was properly insured, but that doesn't change that I lost everything I owned....especially those things you just can't properly insure or replace...ie, collectibles, photos, and other 'precious memories'.

[ QUOTE ]

There were a lot of people who weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's their own damn fault.

Christ....a few people in my neighborhood failed to buy insurance, and we lived on the water. I just can't feel sorry for the folks who lived next to the Gulf, or even worse, next to a levee 9-feet below sea level....and then they chose not to buy insurance, thinking "they didn't need it".

And in may not be in the news much outside of the affected areas, but many of these folks are getting federal grants of up to $150k to cover their losses if they didn't have insurance....so if you think someone who is properly insured didn't "lose everything" because they got the monetary value back...then I suppose nobody lost anything.

BTW...they're using your tax money in giving folks $150k for failing to spend their own money on proper insurance.

And the people who had proper insurance don't get a dime of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you.

My current roomates are displaced from the hurricane and they bitch constantly about how the goverment screwed them. It came up only once, but I asked "Where you insured?" Reply "No." Then I asked "Didn't you think you might want insurance living at or below sealevel in a hurricane zone?"
One of them said they didn't need it, which I just didn't have the heart to point out the obvious.

As a sidenote both of them received government money, haven't bought new land/apartments and still complain about how screwed they were.

Glad to hear that there is some logic do it, the way they tell it no one is getting a dime and Bush made the hurricane in his backyard for them.