Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: yes, another boring AA hand

Wow I really appreciate the swift responses.

Ok, so normally this is my line.

However, having never seen him 3-bet anything other than pps, and now c/raise. I had to imagine QQ/KK/AA

If that's my read, am I going to showdown? Am I still raising the turn and folding to a 3-bet?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm playing in a very strange 15/30 game.

The game is a strange mix of incredible loose/passives and tight/passives and one losing player (i.e. me.)

An older man who's been playing since the cretaceous opens in mp, a new player who is here for his first time and is on a heater but hasn't 3-bet much and when he has has shown only medium to big pairs, 3-bets.

I cold cap AA

The sb who's a semi-loose passive calls, and the pf raiser folds

3 way.

Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
sb checks, check, I bet, sb calls, 3-bettor c-raises. Is anyone doing anything strange here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing strange, you are up against the usual garden variety Q9 suited or unsuited, KQ, or AQ of hearts, KQ or AQ unsuited, QJ suited or unsuited, a set of queens, nines or threes, J-10, or any two hearts, , maybe even a pocket pair of kings or aces, take your pick. Maybe even a bunch of other crap not even listed.

My question is, where the hell did you find a $15/30 game? I never heard of that outside of Vegas.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm playing in a very strange 15/30 game.

The game is a strange mix of incredible loose/passives and tight/passives and one losing player (i.e. me.)

An older man who's been playing since the cretaceous opens in mp, a new player who is here for his first time and is on a heater but hasn't 3-bet much and when he has has shown only medium to big pairs, 3-bets.

I cold cap AA

The sb who's a semi-loose passive calls, and the pf raiser folds

3 way.

Flop comes Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
sb checks, check, I bet, sb calls, 3-bettor c-raises. Is anyone doing anything strange here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing strange, you are up against the usual garden variety Q9 suited or unsuited, KQ, or AQ of hearts, KQ or AQ unsuited, QJ suited or unsuited, a set of queens, nines or threes, J-10, or any two hearts, , maybe even a pocket pair of kings or aces, take your pick. Maybe even a bunch of other crap not even listed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that range was a serious level.

Just call flop and raise any turn. Given the description of said player you shouldn't be worried about too many hands. If he 3 bets turn, barring any reads, I'd muck. You are either competing for a chop or he 2 outted you on the flop.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:25 PM

This is not true. He 3-bet preflop. We can eliminate KQ, QJ, J10,and especially Q9.

Hm, I guess I stated my question wrong initially.

Normally I'm with you guys and call and raise any turn.

Here, however was different (maybe it was just a reads case) and I felt like no matter what I did it was wrong. If I raise the turn and get 3-bet I have to fold and possibly cost myself a chance of a 2-outer and/or folding the best hand, if I call down I invite the sb to continue and lose possible value.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not true. He 3-bet preflop. We can eliminate KQ, QJ, J10,and especially Q9.

Hm, I guess I stated my question wrong initially.

Normally I'm with you guys and call and raise any turn.

Here, however was different (maybe it was just a reads case) and I felt like no matter what I did it was wrong. If I raise the turn and get 3-bet I have to fold and possibly cost myself a chance of a 2-outer and/or folding the best hand, if I call down I invite the sb to continue and lose possible value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said in my other post, I don't think it matters. You can 3 bet the flop and bet ok then just call down if you don't want to take a line than involves a turn raise and fold.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:30 PM

yeah I just called down.

Ok boring hand. But felt weird.

Thanks guys as always.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:34 PM

Sounds like the TS game.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In big pots, your plan should virtually always be to max your chances of winning, not to save bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this nails any over pair in a multiway action pot
Old 10-05-2007, 01:18 AM

Results?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I called the flop c/raise.

Sb folded for one more small bet. .

And I called a brick turn and river to see his set of queens.