Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 03:35 PM

Default How hard is it for anyone to move up to 200/400+ NL now?

It seems as though that the 25/50 NL games running online are a fraction of the amount that ran 6 months ago. 50/100 NL games rarely run, and when they do they are usually full of extremely tough players (Stinger and the like), and maybe one fishy like E-Dog.

So with there being a big gap now where 10/20 NL is the highest game running often on Full Tilt, how hard is it for any aspiring internet player to move up to the biggest games now? Are we going to see the 200/400+ NL games start to dry up too once guys like noataima and David Benyamine stop playing NL? It seems as though that the player pool for the biggest games online is already getting smaller and smaller.

Maybe I'm taking a negative outlook, but it seems like the big games on Full Tilt are going to run rarely by the end of the year.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: How hard is it for anyone to move up to 200/400+ NL now?

When aba doesn't play, the games don't go LDO.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 PM

Yea, I pretty much agree. For most of the mediocre mid-high stakes players, the sky is falling (albeit very slowly).
Old 08-02-2007, 03:39 PM

I'd be interested in traffic info from a place like highstakesdb that datamines. Total hands played per month would be an interesting statistic.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:46 PM

edog actually has been crushing lately
Old 08-02-2007, 04:02 PM

with online poker losing players constantly i think we will see the high stakes games (bigger than NL1k) die out completely and the toughest sharks moving down in limits to be able to get action.

this will happen when the bad regulars who were winners a year ago realise that theyre now the worst players on the table. of course there will be the odd cases of tournament donks blowing some of their winnings and rich business men donating, but it wont be the same.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with online poker losing players constantly i think we will see the high stakes games (bigger than NL1k) die out completely and the toughest sharks moving down in limits to be able to get action.

this will happen when the bad regulars who were winners a year ago realise that theyre now the worst players on the table. of course there will be the odd cases of tournament donks blowing some of their winnings and rich business men donating, but it wont be the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you also give the date when the world ends, please?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you also give the date when the world ends, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please, I am VERY curious from what facts you take the following conclussion 'cause I can't see the high limits dying out, I can only see limits become higher and higher and and players that keep looking for higher boundaries... I mean poker isn't even on his way down yet, with some luck we are going to get the Asian pokerboom in a year or two at most, a bigger pokercommunity means more and bigger games, more regulars and more fish. I mean I know I am pretty much being optimistic here but I am also trying to have a serious look at the facts, so please, explain [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 06:04 PM

It's only hard if you don't have 40k
Old 08-02-2007, 06:24 PM

Maybe every1 just took a vacation??

Wishful thinking...