Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: I screwed this one up bad.

I think you are assuming these opponents think like you much more than they actually do. In my experience, the type of opponents OP describes love to play the flop backwards.

Sounds to me like OP is toasted cheerios way more often than 1/3 of the time and is not closing the action. Folding sets on the turn in limit hold'em is generally bad poker but I think this is one of the rare spots where it's ok.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:54 PM

Wow. No 2 people have advocated the same response yet. That's hard to find.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:03 PM

Call. I'm sure there is reasonable chance that you're ahead, and I think you want both players to stay with since you at least have ONE of them beaten (or at least have boat outs), and if not, they'll let you know.

I think raising here is bad as you'll never fold a hand that will clean up your outs if you're behind the straight.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 PM

u have to ask urself, are these the kind of dopes that flop sets and check? Its so basic but Foxwoods players will do it but they are bottom of the barrel, like dcb777.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:05 PM

I probably 3bet and regret it later.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:23 PM

3-bet is the best option here. Unless these clowns are known for slowplaying monsters by not making a preliminary bet on the flop (and not many people do this).
Old 05-05-2007, 07:39 PM

Professor would never check this flop if he flopped a set after raising preflop. So basically he probably didn't connect too well and is taking a stab in my experience. It's the other guy you have to worry about - if he flopped a straight or two pair, why would he check the flop? Same with a set, particularly something like JJ that he might not reraise pre (though most people do). So either he has broadway or he doesn't.

I raise it again personally.

Jeff
Old 05-05-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Professor would never check this flop if he flopped a set after raising preflop. So basically he probably didn't connect too well and is taking a stab in my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would put the prof on ak,aq or aj. He got a piece with a inside draw. I don't think he is gonna try to get cute with that board.

[ QUOTE ]
It's the other guy you have to worry about - if he flopped a straight or two pair, why would he check the flop? Same with a set, particularly something like JJ that he might not reraise pre (though most people do). So either he has broadway or he doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree there is no way he plays a set or two pair like this. He has to have a10 here. I wouldn't raise here though, I would likely just call. Unless the prof looks like he's about to jump out of his seat to put in another raise. But what do I know I can't even afford to play in these games haha.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:01 AM

<drunk> guys we need to weight prof calling thin on the turn here drawing slim with the range of other guys hands. If we 3-bet the prof is almost always folding, but will often times call one more. I don't think we're ahead of the other often enough hu to 3-bet as live tight wierd guys love doing 'tricky stuff' like checking behind flops with monsters to 'trap' people.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:50 PM

El professor can have many many combos of cards in that position as can the button. The only hand checking that flop is A-10. If that's out there so be it. On that turn make it 3 bets, since it is possible someone has a 10 without a made straight....10-10, K-10. I think you are often ahead here and will only get action on the river if they get there. problem for you is any card that pairs the board other than a 3 will be hard to push since it's possible one of them has made an overfull to your 3's full. So pump it on the turn. See the action and decide. These players can call and bet bad enough that folding to an unimproved river is a bad decision.