Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Please tell me how to make this .rm video play on my ipod

ok sorry for doing another one of these but this one is probably more difficult. i am currently taking a physics course and i don't go to class, but i have to study for an upcoming exam and until now i have used http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-...ures/index.htm to watch MIT lectures in lieu of attending the class, which has basically the same material. until recently, i have just streamed the video from the website, and then i discovered that using getright i could download the whole .rm files and watch them on my computer w/ media player classic

now i want to try to watch them on my video ipod. i thought this seemed a simple enough task, so i used the Any Video Converter to try to convert the .rm files into .mpg's, and then used videora for ipod (since videora does not support .rm files) to convert them to ipod usable video. however, it seems that the Any Video Converter has some fundamental problem with re-encoding the video, because the 45-50 minute lectures are crunched into 10-20 minute segments of the original video (i am sure that this is not because of a time limit constraint or something, because some are 15 minutes and there are seemingly random lengths like 10:26). also, the sound is [censored] up. sometimes the sound is sped up and accordingly high-pitched, sometimes the sound is fine, sometimes the sound is just noise. i have tried encoding to both MPEG (PAL), and into .MP4, and neither of them have really worked.

Please test this first on at least one lecture, because i have already tried a lot of [censored]. i won't be back to read this until like 6-7 hours though, so yeah. i won't post a BBV thread this time, so this is the only thread where i will be taking suggestions.

edit: No more rewards. -Sam
Old 04-20-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Please tell me how to make this .rm video play on my ipod

http://www.ipod-video-converter.org/

this should work, link me to a lecture file if you want it tested.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re:Please tell me how to make this .rm video play on my ipod

I edited the OP to remove the reward stuff. You're welcome to pay ohgeetee if you like, but no more broadcast rewards in CTH. Sorry.
-Sam