Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: AP Spokesman Mark Seif Video Interview Oct 26

Criticize the points of the post, but lack of English being a first language probably isn't something to criticize.

It really isn't that hard to follow with a little effort.

May have to put on a tinfoil hat to get full impact of it though.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Criticize the points of the post, but lack of English being a first language probably isn't something to criticize.

It really isn't that hard to follow with a little effort.

May have to put on a tinfoil hat to get full impact of it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and I'm sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
but for me this hole thing is not a suprise

[/ QUOTE ]

But back on subject for those who haven't been following: no, we don't want to lynch Seif over some crazy session 2 years ago.

I think a lot of us thought the accusations against Seif were pretty thin, and we assumed his innocence--UNTIL he began acting like a complete shill and the biggest douche in the universe behind John Edwards. And he refuses to clear any of the confusion regarding his AP ownership or his relationship with Scott Tom.

Have you guys actually WATCHED the video in the OP? Do you think that's what people w/ nothing to hide act like?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are just a lynch mob. Nothing more. Some of the posters here surprise me, as I would not have thought, they would be pulling this bandwagon against Seif who is just a representative for the firm.

I am a bit ashamed by the mentality displayed here to be honest and I hope that it doesn't represent 2+2 as a whole. Even though there are a lot of respected posters in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad part is that you're serious.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:33 PM

you guys are really sad,keep hanging everybody that dosent follow you stepps 100%.or not living in a english spoken country.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys are really sad,keep hanging everybody that dosent follow you stepps 100%.or not living in a english spoken country.

[/ QUOTE ]

HI MARK
Old 10-29-2007, 09:51 PM

kentruk-

There is a difference between criticizing the points of the post and the way it was presented. I agree and said so.

That said, I disagree with some of the points you made.
The biggest one is this: The flaw in Mark's original and I guess continued defense of him not seeing cheating in that tournament was he wasn't looking at the big picture and instead looked for a hand that was definitive proof.
That tournament hand history is one big sample of remarkable hands, so remarkable another history that looks similar that didn't involve cheating likely doesn't exist anywhere.
Not recognizing that larger fact is a big criticism people have justifiably levelled at him about that part of the scandal.

We can agree to disagree on things without the flaming some have engaged in.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
can nat confirm what he is saying?

[/ QUOTE ]
Confirm which part?

I responded re: this interview when it was brought up in the other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

missed one thread :/ Can anyone link it the re: ?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:10 PM

AP offering 10% interest on account balances, with restrictions on early withdrawals.

You really think they are sticking that in a safe and secure money market account somewhere in Europe to get a 3% return on it? One must ask, why are they so desperate to get cash from depositors? That money is supposed to be tucked away safely, there is no way AP would take a 7 or 8 percent hit on it.

Do you really know where your money is tonight AP depositors? Do you trust the people in charge there to do what is right with your money? Have they demonstrated anything that makes you think they wouldn't misuse your funds for their own gains?

I don't know the answers, but then I don't have to know because I cashed out from there long ago. I simply don't trust any of their multiple shell companies, of which I can't determine even who is in control of account balances at AP. If it was misused, who is going to take the blame there? Joe Norton? I'd like to know.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 PM

i agree,when i saw it,there was no doubt in my mind that it was rigged on you tube,but im talking of it all in the beginning when it all started,he did say it all looked very suspect but he wanted to see the invegesting,and its right to that he did not have any really hard lay downs in the tourney,thats all.i can understand the guy a little thats all,and you mntbikr15 i am not mark and i dont now the guy,i did not think he looked good in the video and i think he was defending way to much,but what he wrote i did agree to some and could put my self more in to hes shoes when it come to the tourney in the beginning of it all.he DID not strow away any good hands,that is true,very strange thoug that it never happend when he played so many hands..
Old 10-29-2007, 10:16 PM

darom03-

theres little point in arguing with these people. Its obv substantial evidence hasn't come out against mark, but the mob wants blood. Eventually, cooler heads will prevail. (hopefully)
Closed Thread