Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: yes, another boring AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results?

[/ QUOTE ]

I called the flop c/raise.

Sb folded for one more small bet. .

And I called a brick turn and river to see his set of queens.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real problem with this particular hand, is not how you read the villains hand which you did correctly; but rather how the player with the set in early position reads you. He wasn't taking a chance of letting you not bet behind him. He could have easily check raised you on the the turn and possibly the river if he was more advanced.

Nice hand sir. That's the problem with aces,either you make a little money with'em, or you lose a lot. You could have lost a lot more.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: yes, another boring AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
ya so its really

call, raise ANY turn.

i agree 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

You're raising a K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] turn?

I've played with these guys, and they play right out of Sklansky & Malmuth (though not as well, obv), except even more conservatively. They limp big hands, and usually play very tightly; you don't see crazy plays. They're not good so much as very different from what posters here are used to seeing, so I don't think typical moves are necessarily right.

For instance, in this game, if OP 3-bets, the opponent will NOT cap with a draw. It won't happen. If he caps, you can probably get away from the hand on 4th street. If he calls and then c/r's the turn or leads a scare card, you can again fold. I know this may seem blasphemous and I wouldn't ever recommend it at Borgata or Commerce, but this is a really different dynamic.

Anyway, I think 3-betting the flop here is better on this drawy board (hope you're against KQ type hands). Raising the turn is just too likely to cause you to lose a bunch o big bets.