Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: More lost than Kate and Jack

You can't win. If the pot was 100 bigger you could call and hope he misread his hand I guess. The BB is groaning on the flop for a reason. Apparently because he has a terrible 9 with two hearts, 63/A3/8h6h/7h6h/7h3h.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Yeah I folded and button called with red kings.

Boring hand, just a checkup.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:31 AM

Man I have no idea how the BB is CR bluffing the river, but I also have ZERO clue what could have played so retarded. Alright, didn't see the backdoor hearts, guess that's it. Seems like the button has maybe TT or JJ, although he might have capped those preflop.

There is zero chance I can fold this for one bet, although folding is probably best.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 AM

(haven't looked at what others said yet)

I think you cap the flop.

Then, if a blank hits the turn, and you are donked into, you fold.

If you are checked to on the turn, then you are bet/folding.

It just seems like one of those spots where playing your hand stronger up front makes it easier to play on later streets, so thats why I say cap the flop.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man I have no idea how the BB is CR bluffing the river, but I also have ZERO clue what could have played so retarded. Alright, didn't see the backdoor hearts, guess that's it. Seems like the button has maybe TT or JJ, although he might have capped those preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't beat any hand that c/r the river. I'm inclined to wait for the turn to pop it up. No one with any draw is folding the flop, waiting till the turn to raise pushes a bigger edge against the draws, and can save you money if the draw gets there.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:18 AM

I'd wait till the turn to raise, there are indeed lots of scare cards and we may already be behind so our equity isn't the greatest here. Capping it may make it easier to play on later streets, but that's rarely a good reason to put a raise in. The pot is huge your goal is to find the best way to win it, not to find an easier fold later on.

I don't see how you can call the river.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:00 PM

Crazy Mike was trying to do you a favor here. I would have sucked along to his three nines he didn't have too.

I lost to that sort of hand in a tourney in Florida last winter. I called a short stack all in raiser with QQ, and the player behind me with a larger stack pushed all in for a three way showdown. The all in had QQ, I had my QQ and the all in behind me (with a larger stack than me) had AK and rivered a K.

Tough beat in either 20/40 or NL tourney. It was a correctly played hand. If you would have waited for the turn to raise, it would make no difference. Perhaps I check and call the river for an overcall since its still three ways.