Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 09:43 PM

Default KK oop A high flop

He's 32/13/1.12 we haven't really tangled yet, i'm running 17/15 here. When i played this hand the stats were shifted one seat over so i thought this guy was a 23/0/0.5

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $283.60</font>
BB: $115.05
UTG: $104.50
MP: $66.65
CO: $82.80
BTN: $185.60

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $7.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $23.00</font>, BB folds, CO calls $16.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($48) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($48) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($48) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets all-in for $59.80</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $59.80 returned to CO

Pot Size: $48.00 ($2.40 Rake)
Old 05-27-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: KK oop A high flop

your line looks soooo weak here he could be buying this. . . i bet the turn. as played i probably fold.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:52 PM

bet turn to try to get value from weaker hands and it's hard to put this opponent on an A with the passive line that we took...still, i can't find a call here...
Old 05-27-2007, 09:53 PM

Bet $35 on flop, fold if raised. You are HU, and his range includes many hands without an A. I think your flop c-bet will take down the pot often enough to be profitable in this situation.

If called, bet 1/2 pot on turn if a club comes, c/f if it doesn't. If he checks through turn, consider c/c non-club river to pick off a busted club draw.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:12 PM

He either has a big ace or decent pp considering pre flop action. after checking down to the river you have to think your kings are good, he wouldn't let AK or AQ see a flush draw.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He either has a big ace or decent pp considering pre flop action. after checking down to the river you have to think your kings are good, he wouldn't let AK or AQ see a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the weak passive line that we took here, we have no idea what the villain has here. Guys runs 38/13, and is a button raiser here, so his PF range is huge. Check the flop, lead the turn, for 2/3rd pot.

As played is a def fold here, but only because we dont know where the @#$% we are in the hand thanks to our line.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the weak passive line that we took here, we have no idea what the villain has here. Guys runs 38/13, and is a button raiser here, so his PF range is huge. Check the flop, lead the turn, for 2/3rd pot.

As played is a def fold here, but only because we dont know where the @#$% we are in the hand thanks to our line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah my initial read was flawed, thought he was 23/0 so when he calls my 3bet i'm thinking AA, KK, AK, AQ, QQ, I check the flop he checks, turn Q, i'm thinking how can I be good here? Yeah def. taking a different line considering the real stats, thanks for the input.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:36 AM

Lol at this hand. This looks like monster/air obv. with his monsters beeing AA/QQ/22/33 or maybe 55/44/A2.

I think a call is kinda marginal marginal at best.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:50 AM

I can't see him checking the turn with a big Ace, since the pot is big relative to his stack size. Hard not to call against a shortstack. I'd think he's not smart enough not to value bet a better hand and dumb enough to blatantly bluff the river after you check.

I might call, just to get beat by 33.

EDIT: its hard to tell what we beat here, 99/TT/JJ? I'd say you have to bet the flop to see where you are, otherwise flip a coin for the river.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet $35 on flop, fold if raised. You are HU, and his range includes many hands without an A. I think your flop c-bet will take down the pot often enough to be profitable in this situation.

If called, bet 1/2 pot on turn if a club comes, c/f if it doesn't. If he checks through turn, consider c/c non-club river to pick off a busted club draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thats bad advice

i sometimes find a call here depending on how tilty i am, but it would be marginal.