Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 10:39 PM

Default My Bowl Picks So far

USC +2.5 vs Michigan +101

Big 10 struggles in the Rose Bowl as this is a home game for the Pac10 many years. This is no exception. These teams are very even and the crowd will be about 50/50 but it's in LA. No travel for USC. Pac10 owns the Big10 in Rose Bowls.

Notre Dame vs LSU -8.5 -104

I'm not saying anything here that everyone doesn't already know. Notre Dame is OVERRATED. Any team that is decent at all has waxed them. Okay...they beat Penn St but I'll go there later. Mich St was not a good team this year and they should be beat ND. Stanford is not so good and they should have beat ND at ND. I don't usually like giving anyone 8.5 points but LSU could blow them out. They beat Auburn at Auburn and ND wouldn't stand a chance in a game like that.

Penn St vs Tennessee -7 -104

I got a real [censored] line here but Penn St is also overrated. They got beat/drilled by ND and that's looking like a real bad loss right now. Penn St has no quality wins and a lot of close calls against sub par opponents. They finished where they did in the Big10 because the Big10 just wasn't that good this year.

Maybe more to follow.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:05 PM

Default Re: My Bowl Picks So far

How is Tennessee down to a -4.5 fav? Ugh I got them at -6 ncboiler and even at the -7 you got I like them. Is there some new news that Tennessee has lost some players?

-Brendan
Old 12-04-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is Tennessee down to a -4.5 fav? Ugh I got them at -6 ncboiler and even at the -7 you got I like them. Is there some new news that Tennessee has lost some players?

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

Should this be another unit? I don't know of any news but Tenn is the type of program in which players frequently go to jail so who knows. Miami FL has been a blessing to Tenn in the last few years. Kind of takes the heat off of them if you know what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 AM

I like all of your picks

I think the issue with Tenn-PSU is that with essentially a whole spring practice time to get ready for the bowl game, the Nittany Lions might find an offense to go with their defense.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:45 AM

interesting, it looks like heavy lumber came in across the board for big10 teams today
every single one moved toward the big10 team
Old 12-05-2006, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting, it looks like heavy lumber came in across the board for big10 teams today
every single one moved toward the big10 team

[/ QUOTE ]

well i had to take another look at the numbers just now. played tennessee -4.5... i admit when it opened -3 i didn't play this, but seems right now... and i already played arkansas -3 last night, now it is available -1. what am i missing here that i don't bet big on arkansas -1? sec rules, all others drool

i don't want to be over biased by visual factors of watching sec team speed this year compared to other conferences. but i actually didn't watch many teams more than once or twice and don't factor the television into much handicapping. that is only reason for me not putting in all big bets now when games are still a month away. what factors about bowl games am i missing that so many lines seem off? something is not right here.