FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia Eagles Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I hate to say I told you so, but....

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that Redskins division title coming along?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went back and forth between them and the Cowboys winning that division in my predictions all offseason. Obviously looks like I should've gone with the Cowboys right now. I don't see what that has anything to do with the discussion at hand though...if you wish to discuss that, I'd be more than happy to do that IN THE APPROPRIATE THREAD. Changing the discussion just shows that you have no rebuttal about the current one.

Guys, I'm not trying to have a childish conversation. Thats now the third time in this thread that I've mentioned something about the Eagles and someone has replied with a childish reply such as "yeah, well the Redskins suck!"

I'm in this thread to discuss the Eagles...not to just spout off homer-influenced one liners.

[/ QUOTE ]

You always bump stuff when your right (like when Mark Brunell had 1 good game) and never mention stuff you were clearly wrong about (like saying the Redskins and Texans were gonna be decent this year). Thats all.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:27 PM

Well, not much we can say right now. At this point you look to be on in your prediction of the Eagles record.

They are losing because they are stupid and undisciplined, not because they aren't talented. Stop turning the ball over and going down big before trying to come back, please.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I hate to say I told you so, but....

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that Redskins division title coming along?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went back and forth between them and the Cowboys winning that division in my predictions all offseason. Obviously looks like I should've gone with the Cowboys right now. I don't see what that has anything to do with the discussion at hand though...if you wish to discuss that, I'd be more than happy to do that IN THE APPROPRIATE THREAD. Changing the discussion just shows that you have no rebuttal about the current one.

Guys, I'm not trying to have a childish conversation. Thats now the third time in this thread that I've mentioned something about the Eagles and someone has replied with a childish reply such as "yeah, well the Redskins suck!"

I'm in this thread to discuss the Eagles...not to just spout off homer-influenced one liners.

[/ QUOTE ]

You always bump stuff when your right (like when Mark Brunell had 1 good game) and never mention stuff you were clearly wrong about (like saying the Redskins and Texans were gonna be decent this year). Thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could accuse a lot of people of that. Nevertheless, I will always admit when I am wrong....feel free to bump any of my threads in which I was wrong and I'll eat crow.

With that said, I do still have high hopes in the second half for the Skins(perhaps thats just my homerism getting in the way- I have always maintained that while I give good analysis of most teams that I can be quite a homer when it comes to the Skins/Ravens).

As for the Texans, I don't recall saying that they'd be anything better than .500 perhaps.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:32 PM

Assani,

Do you really want me to bump the two or three threads where I completely owned you and you didn't reply? Because I will.

As it is, your statement about how the Eagles "are a bad team because they don't find a way to win close games" is just complete, utter garbage. It's an old, tired cliche that has very little basis in truth. The Eagles lost a game today because the opposing kicker hit a 62 yard field goal. He makes that field goal, maybe, 5% of the time. If that's not unlucky, I don't know what is.

19/20 times he misses that figgie and this thread doesn't get bumped. 1/20 he makes it, and you come on here and get to proclaim how smart you are because the Eagles lost and that they are a "bad team that doesn't win close games."

Get a clue.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:36 PM

PokerFink, I don't recall you "owning" me in any threads. And you're continuing to use that same backwards logic that you used a few weeks ago. Yes its true that maybe only 5% of the time he makes that FG. But what % of the time does Westbrook break all of those tackles and get that TD???

YOU CANNOT JUST LOOK AT THE UNLIKLIHOOD OF ONE SINGLE PLAY IN A GAME AND THEN PROCLAIM THAT IT WAS A FLUKE DUE TO THAT ONE PLAY HAPPENING.

We went through this same exact thing after the Eagles/Giants game. I said it then and I'll say it again: Good teams see to always get those breaks, and its not a coincidence.

ETA: I can't remember any disagreements we've had other than the Eagles and you saying that McNabb is having a better year than Champ Bailey. What threads are you referencing when you said you've "owned" me? The only real outlandish predictions that I've ever made on this board were the Jets being a surprise, not to get excited about Philly after their hot start, and my point spread picks.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerFink, I don't recall you "owning" me in any threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the one where you kept trying to convince me that Minnesota was the 3rd best team in the NFC, and I told you were crazy? How did that one work out for you?

I'm eating dinner right now and I have some stuff to do, but at some point tonight I'll go through all of our old threads and show you how often you're wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
YOU CANNOT JUST LOOK AT THE UNLIKLIHOOD OF ONE SINGLE PLAY IN A GAME AND THEN PROCLAIM THAT IT WAS A FLUKE DUE TO THAT ONE PLAY HAPPENING.

[/ QUOTE ]

But my point still stands that 95% he misses that field goal, the Eagles win, and you keep your mouth shut.

The Eagles outgained the Bucs by 310 yards today! You don't have to look at a single play to know that the Eagles got extremely unlucky today.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:49 PM

Ah yes, I was completely wrong about the Vikings...forgot about that one.

As for the second point...YES YOU'RE RIGHT THAT 95% OF THE TIME HE MISSES THAT. BUT DO YOU NOT AGREE THAT 95% OF THE TIME WESTBROOK DOESN'T RUN THROUGH THE ENTIRE BUCS DEFENSE ON THAT PLAY?

Thats what I'm getting at- you did this same thing after the Eagles/Giants game...you picked out a few key plays and said that because they weren't likely to happen that it was a fluke....thats tremendously flawed thinking!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good teams see to always get those breaks, and its not a coincidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Chargers lost a close game today on a last-second field goal. Are they not a "good team?"

The Steelers lost a close game today, in overtime, on a field goal. They won the Super Bowl last year! Are they not a "good team?"

If the Bucs miss that field goal, are the Eagles suddenly a "good team" because they won a close game and got a "break?" But since he made it, they are a bad team that doesn't "make those breaks?" Thats really stupid.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:51 PM

Also, I'd be more than willing to bet you that the Vikings end up with a better record than the Eagles.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'd be more than willing to bet you that the Vikings end up with a better record than the Eagles.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be more than happy to take that bet. How much? How we doing the $$?