Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 05:05 AM

Default .5/1 PR flops 2 pair, FPS?

I can't find a working converter for pokerroom so excuse the crappiness.

I've played on this table for less than 2 orbits, this is the villain's first hand where he hasn't folded. I guess the main question is whether I should have just 3-bet the flop given the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I raised PF because the table is rather tightish since the table fish just left.

PRE-FLOP - 7 players
2 folds, Hero bets $1 [9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], villain bets $1.50, rest folds, Hero calls $0.50.

FLOP [board cards 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ,A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ,4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] - 2 players
Hero bets $0.50, villain bets $1, Hero calls $0.50.

TURN [board cards 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ,A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ,4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ,K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ] - 2 players
Hero checks, villain bets $1, Hero bets $2 ???
Old 10-13-2006, 05:29 AM

Default Re: .5/1 PR flops 2 pair, FPS?

3 bet the flop. You are a favourite over the broad range of a TAG 3-bet. The fact that there are 2 spades out there should make you want to 3 bet this even more. If villian is trying for a free card play, or trying to get value out of his flush, make him pay.

The turn card is scary, but not as scary as you think. If you think the villian holds an A there are only 6 hands of AK that he can have and 3 of KK and 3 of AA as well as 1 combo of 9s. The rest of the hands that he would likely 3 bet are much more than this. 6 Ts 6 Js 6 Qs 8 AQ , plus the potential KQs etc. I think we are safe to bet call the turn, unless it was 4 bet on the flop. If it was 4 bet and it's HU then I check call to the river. A 4 bet on the flop would seem to say that villian doesn't care that you have just 3 bet him indicating that you have a very strong hand at this point. Ah screw it. Bet call the turn if he caps the flop.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 AM

vs an unknown i would likely c/c flop and c/r turn. nothing scares me because i flopped two pair in a blind battle where sb 3bet me preflop so he is often going to showdown if he has any piece.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:47 AM

err, villain isn't SB
Old 10-13-2006, 05:50 AM

my bad. my line doesn't change much but i am very scared if i get 3bet on the turn and likely call down because villain is unknown.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:50 AM

Grunch from a newbie.

Preflop I would maybe have folded. Position?
Flop: Reraise say I. Two pair and BDFD
Old 10-13-2006, 06:04 AM

I was actually trying to get as much money out of the villain as possible. Given the tightness of the table i was more concerned that if i 3bet the flop the villain would just fold the turn.

too greedy?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:00 AM

Grunch:

Would not have raised preflop

Once hit two pair, max out the flop, I don't think he has you beat here

Turn looks fine, call him if he raise again

River... check/call a spade (i think your odds are good enough but there's no BB count in your post so I'm not altogether sure - can't be bothered adding it up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), bet/call anything else
Old 10-13-2006, 07:08 AM

Is the classic range AK-AJ, AA-TT ok, for villain 3-bet pf? I'm going to assume that.

We are obviously crushing that range on the flop and I like a bet/3-bet-line. Because of the two-flush he won't fold a single hand is his range and many players raise with all of them.

As u played it I think u should just c/c the turn. That may sound meakly but the K is a terrible card for us given the range I assume. Let's look at some math.

On the turn the CR is good only if he holds AQ-AJ (16 combos). In that case we gain 1 extra bet. If he holds AK, AA, KK (10 combos), the CR will cost 2bb. If he holds QQ-TT he will simply fold so we gain nothing. So the CR on the turn is -EV (on that round, not for the entire hand of course) and I think u should just call.

(EV of CR) = [16*1 + 10*(-2)]/28 ~= -0.14

I might add that many villains don't 3-bet pf with AJ, making a CR even worse.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vs an unknown i would likely c/c flop and c/r turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this line. If villain holds an A we will make the same with this line as with a bet/3-bet line. If he holds a PP we let him do a good laydown by this power sequence. No one will fold this flop with a PP, when there is a two-flush on the board. Just keep betting and he will probably call down = 2.5bb > 1.5bb.