Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: which handle should i use 4 stars?
lolbbvaments 7 10.77%
mike oxinyermom 3 4.62%
sirpwnsalot 8 12.31%
kneegroplz 15 23.08%
good4me2poopon 6 9.23%
BASTARD! FACK OOT! 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

BTW.. wht the eff is Beckett still pitching?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 PM

man i'm embarrassed to have even been born in colorado at this point
Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Attention: The UltimateBet bad-beat jackpot has reached six hundred thousand dollars. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is how many walks the Sox got tonight. Falk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would rather have a well rested Beckett in games 1 and 5 then push Beckett to do short work in 1, 4, & 7. Since that seems to be Francona's plan it is better to leave him in for as long as we can since we are crushing it. This leaves our bullpen well rested should we need them to work a lot bailing us out tomorrow or game 3.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I would rather have a well rested Beckett in games 1 and 5 then push Beckett to do short work in 1, 4, & 7. Since that seems to be Francona's plan it is better to leave him in for as long as we can since we are crushing it. This leaves our bullpen well rested should we need them to work a lot bailing us out tomorrow or game 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I undertand the thinking.. not sure I agree 100% necessarily, but that's a diff story. My biggest thing is that twice Beckett has ~30 minute breaks while the red sox were scoring 800 runs. With it being cool and damp, long stretches like that can be dangerous injury wise, etc.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I undertand the thinking.. not sure I agree 100% necessarily, but that's a diff story. My biggest thing is that twice Beckett has ~30 minute breaks while the red sox were scoring 800 runs. With it being cool and damp, long stretches like that can be dangerous injury wise, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that was my major worry too I acctually wanted the 5th to end when it was 10-1 just to get him out there, and get the game done with since it was done at that point. Though now that I see we may bring in Gagne for the 9th so the Rockies may have a chance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 06:28 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

So it's 4:20 (lol) AM and I'm still up playing a razzament freeroll that started with 2000 runners 2 hours and 45 minutes ago. I am 128/215 with top 24 getting a seat into a studament with a $1000 prize pool that already has 1328 qualifiers. WTF am I crazy, or just degen? Good thing I'm off the rest of the week.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:01 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

Out in 111th place. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Attention: The UltimateBet bad-beat jackpot has reached six hundred thousand dollars. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hit at like six this morning, then again at like 10. I wasn't there for either, which means I basically pissed away $200. Groovy.

Lots of that came from getting repeatedly owned while shorting 50NL and 100NL. As I understand it, the reason to short NL games is to deny opponents implied odds to hit their [censored] hands, but it seemed to have the opposite effect. People were happy calling my 10+ BB shoves with J9s or 65s or flopped bottom/middle pair. One guy justified calling knowing full well he was on a five-out draw because I was so short. LOL, it's not a tournament, you dumb [censored].

But it also came from retarded beats of the same type that made Babar go on a rampage at 5/10. People were calling multiple bets cold preflop with any suited semiconnector for implied BBJ odds, which I suppose given the size of the jackpot made a little sense, but I'd run into [censored] like this:

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: marchron is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">marchron raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">marchron raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, marchron calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, marchron calls.

River: (10 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, marchron calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 2c 6c (flush, jack high).
marchron has Kc Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 12 BB. </font>

. . . and I'd just get superpissed. Plus, it's hard to isolate the guy who limps in with that trash holding something like KQo or AJo and get 47 coldcallers with the exact same cheese.

I mean, how can I play this good . . .

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool edited by hand because FlopTurnRiver.com [censored] it all up (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: marchron is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">marchron bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">marchron 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">marchron bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, marchron checks.

Final Pot: 7.5 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Kh Js (one pair, fours).
marchron has Kd As (one pair, fours).
Outcome: marchron wins 5.25 BB. </font>

. . . and take it in the shorts like that? I suppose paying a 50 cent [censored]-you-you're-not-going-to-win-the-jackpot-anyway tax on every hand I won didn't help.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:42 PM

This is just a reminder that people playing at higher stakes (or at least posting there) aren't necessarily any smarter or better at poker. From mid-stakes:

[ QUOTE ]
The gap concept says that in a tournament you need a much better hand to call than to open. In a cash game you need a much better hand to open than to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread