Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 PM

Default DELL ROCKS

BRAG;
Ok well about a year and half ago I won a contest and received a gift from my company a 26inch dell lcd flat panel. I already had a pretty nice tv and monitor so it went into storage for the 1st year.

I had a great idea and decided to use it as my monitor so I can 6 table comfortable.

BEAT;
The volume buttons on the side panel were busto but it worked from the remote so this was not an issue and decided to not report the problem

BEAT;
6 months later the monitor keeps powering it off by itself and I had to click the power button either on the remote or the lcd panel itself to turn back on and no this was not sleep mode. Few days of this and it finally shut off and would not turn back on permanently.

BRAG;
I call dell tech support and they inform me by the tag that I am sol and the warranty expired, however putting me on hold and talking to his supervisor he was able to ship me out a new unit within 3 to 4 days and I would simply return the defective unit as an even swap no money from me.

Maybe I just got the right rep at the right time or maybe because the sale was linked to my Company which obviously has a multi million dollar account with them and they decided to just replace the unit.

Variance;
Do I run like God or did my company's account with DELL have any bearing, Im sure they see that it was originally purchased thru my company.

I might be a life long DELL customer now!!!! you think!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: DELL ROCKS

tl;still read. wish i had gone blind in middle of reading.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: DELL ROCKS

Thats awesome.