Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: 44 from EP. Big hand, big pot. I count at least one error here. What about you?

If we don't 3bet flop then a I c/r turn but the pot is plenty big enough to push the hell out of your hand on flop, imo. I 3 bet the flop and lead turn. Btw, you s
Old 06-14-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: 44 from EP. Big hand, big pot. I count at least one error here. What about you?

I agree. If you're not going to 3b the flop then you have to go for a c/r on the turn.. especially where you have at least one interested player at the table. If you got runner-runnered for a flush it might have been a result of your never having stepped on the gas. Flopping a set is a good thing.. ram it and jam it.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: 44 from EP. Big hand, big pot. I count at least one error here. Wh

btw who cares if u turn ur hand face up on the flop with a 3bet. TPGK or better still always call down, u dont give away any less about ur hand by cr'ing the field on the turn either, and at that point a few of them will have easy folds or could duck out before u even get to cr.

3betting now ties everyone to the pot with whatever, and doesnt risk a retarded freecard play or weak ck behind on the turn by button.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:07 PM

fold preflop.

I'd just raise the flop the first time. I certainly threebet when it comes back to me.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:46 PM

OP: I assume you know what you're doing preflop but it looks thin. I agree with others that your flop/turn line in combination makes no sense whatsoever.

[ QUOTE ]
btw who cares if u turn ur hand face up on the flop with a 3bet. TPGK or better still always call down, u dont give away any less about ur hand by cr'ing the field on the turn either, and at that point a few of them will have easy folds or could duck out before u even get to cr.

[/ QUOTE ]

This partly depends on the field but it usually gets an extra SB out of them before blowing your cover. And I've folded TPGK to the flop call/reraise rag board play (or peel flop fold turn sometimes), especially if I know hero is a good TAG.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:16 PM

I am trying to think of hands that the BB will play like this here. Smells like QQ or 88. I don't have an issue with the limp, esp. in a 7 handed game
Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Limp pf is OK. [With 7-handed, implied odds are smaller than fullring]

Flop: You were probably planning to checkraise the button but now that you're wedged between the flop bettor and the pf raiser, call with the intention of 3-betting or capping if it comes back raised. Unless the field gets severely narrowed down. But here you have a chance to take at least one more small bet from 3 others. Reraise and lead turn.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would fold preflop til you can figure out how to maximize your winnings on sets

[/ QUOTE ]
Ouch. I think you're right though. Actually, I reckon it's close to a fold for everyone. And close to a fold in longer versions of the game. I say this knowing the game - limping along seems good in others. I'm not sure what I was thinking - too excited to see a limper before me.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: You were probably planning to checkraise the button but now that you're wedged between the flop bettor and the pf raiser, call with the intention of 3-betting or capping if it comes back raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I would have certainly check-raised the button if I had a chance. I didn't check-raise because, as people have said, it gives my hand away. But as others have said, perhaps I should have done it anyway. So I made a hash of the flop. I think I should have raised the original UTG bet.

I really can't agree that betting the turn is bad. All button has done is raise the flop. I can't be sure he'll bet again. So I think I should bet, and then reraise if we get the chance.

So I think I made a hash of yet another hand.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:11 PM

i think pf is fine.

on the flop, i have no issue with calling the original flop bet but i'm 3betting when it comes back around. there are like 15sb in the pot at that point and for me, the jig is up. i'm hitting the gas.

as played, on the turn i would absolutely hate to see it check through. i don't mind a b/3b at that point. thing is, if you don't think you can c/r the turn, you need to just be reraising the flop. either UTG's original bet or when it comes back to you the second time.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thing is, if you don't think you can c/r the turn, you need to just be reraising the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I agree with this in this case/hand. But I have a problem with the doctrine of always reraising the flop if you know you are going to bet the turn. I think our flop play alters their turn play. Our flop play can make them more/less likely to bet/raise/fold the turn. But this thinking is more in line with smaller HU pots rather than large, multiway ones like this I suppose. Meh, just a random thought I guess.