Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 05:22 AM

Default 2 hands, 2 turn decisions. Very good hands, very scary boards.

Both 5/10 online. Both villains are unknown. Please tell me how you would play these 2 hands.

Preflop: Hero is button with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Folds, MP limps, folds, hero raises, folds, MP calls.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
MP checks, Hero bets, MP calls.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
MP checks...

Now what?

--------------

Preflop: Hero is C/O with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Folds, MP limps, folds, hero raises, folds, MP calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
MP checks, Hero bets, MP calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
MP checks...

Now what?
Old 04-05-2007, 06:19 AM

Default Re: 2 hands, 2 turn decisions. Very good hands, very scary boards.

Hmmmm.................. I'll take a stab:

Hand 1: check through turn. you've got 4 outs to the nuts, and at least 3 to a chop. I can only see villian folding to a bet, check-raising with the ace, or check-calling with a 9. if we don't improve the river and it's checked to you, maybe you can value bet here but i think i c-c through river. Of course if it brings a K or Q then go nutso-ballistic . And if an ace hits, then you guys need to cap to pump the rake.

Hand 2: first of all, 10 outs on the river if you're behind. again, we're seeing the river regardless so no tricky bet-folding. Now, the way I see it - we are either way ahead and villian is folding to a turn bet anyways, or drawing to 10-outs. With both the K and Qh on the board, no villian is folding the 2h on the turn (I don't think?). The only fold equity is therefore if villian has a heart-less straight draw we could push out by betting. So I check through, and if we don't boat up... oh I don't know, check/call.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:49 AM

I'd play these the exact same way but I'd fill up on river both times.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:39 AM

I check hand one to induce a river bet, which I automatically call (unless hero boats up, obv).

I'm not sure about hand 2. I think you should bet, because if you are still ahead there are 9 splitting outs. At the same time, you only get called by an underset, the case K, or weak hearts, and you'll get raised by high hearts, so I'm having a hard time seeing the value (besides avoiding a split). I guess b/c isn't that bad with 10 outs, but it feels spewy in a 3 BB pot. Checking to induce a river bet may not be bad here, either.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:59 AM

Well. I have been posting my hands only so I will give a shot to commetnig so take my advice with caution :-) I am still learning.

Hand 1: I would love to bet that turn, but I would hate to call a raise, cause I have to train to fold when raised :-)
If we bet only worse hand will fold, and we would like it to come along, so I guess c/c and the villan might bet the river for you with a worse hand (worse 2 pair) after we check the turn.

Hand 2: I think it is same as in the first hand if we bet only worse hand is folding and we might get raised by a better one and have to call. So check the turn and call the river.

whould that be OK?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:18 AM

*grunch*

1) I think I would bet. I think that you are ahead on his range. He is more likely to have a king, than a nine and just spiked one pair (or two pair). If he raises you he probably has the A. You now have 3 outs for a chop, and 4 outs for the win. Call the raise (you are getting 1/7 or something), and reevaluate river.

2) check. No worse hand is paying you off, you are not folding better hands, you have to call a raise for the full house outs. So check. You might bet the river UI if he is a showdown junkie. Checking through feels weak, but it is ok I think.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:36 AM

1)i bet this hand. too many ways QJ/JT/QT are in your opponents hand.
2)if 3bets go in UI you are generally losing. whatever doesn't let that happen is fine.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2)if 3bets go in UI you are generally losing. whatever doesn't let that happen is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this a check, or a bet? You're bet-calling, then folding river UI?
Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1)i bet this hand. too many ways QJ/JT/QT are in your opponents hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less likely, but KJ/KT in his range too.

Would like to note that I'm glad kept a multipost short. Hate long ones.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:37 AM

I'm inclined to get to showdown as cheaply as possible in both cases, unless we boat up on the river.

In hand 2 betting on the turn feels wrong. No hand that we beat will call.