Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: 5/10 QTs from EMP in 3-way pot. How many mistakes do you think I m

thank you
Old 01-03-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: 5/10 QTs from EMP in 3-way pot. How many mistakes do you think I made?

I wouldnt raise pre-flop with this hand very often, although I might limp/3-bet with it.

Leading the flop is fine, although with this action flop I would have gone for a c/r maybe. Limit poker sucks because the flop bet is meaningless.

Turn and river are excellent. You have to bet to get value from the C/O who has a smaller two pair, although that one dude who cold called probably just hit a straight or Aces up and if he raises and has a brain you're beat but you have to call with two pair in this size pot.

-J
Old 01-03-2007, 06:04 PM

I like how you played the hand.

Preflop I'd limp sometimes and raise other times because it's debatable which one is correct.

I much prefer bet/call on the river (folding to any 3bet) than bet/fold, this pot is way to big and I'd expect the two pair to be good way enough of the time. In this spot I think c/c loses a lot of bets because it will OFTEN get checked around by hands that would call, thus you would often lose a couple whole BB's.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:15 PM

Default Re: 5/10 QTs from EMP in 3-way pot. How many mistakes do you think I made?

I might have a bit of LAGtard in me at times, but I really like the way you played it, at least on the turn. Since the CO didn't pop you again on the turn, I think that your hand is still probably best on the turn. I think that 3-betting is the best option, especially with the button still in the hand. As he is tight, he's probably drawing, so you might as well get money while you have the best of it.

That said, that river card sucks, but I don't think it's terrible. If the button flopped a pair and a flush draw (AQs, which he could have as he's a weak-tightie), then you're screwed, but I think that the CO has a smaller two pair than you do, or possibly a set. That said, I don't think the river card changed who was ahead on the turn.

If you get raised on the river, make sure to swallow the vomit before you call.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:34 PM

I like the way you played the hand.

It will be tough if you are faced with a raise on the river since your opponent(s) appear passive. One of my weaknesses is calling river raises...so what were you thinking on the river.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:44 AM
 is offline

calling one more bet here on the river after you get raised just CAN'T be a mistake in that big a pot in my opinion.
we've all seen enough strange moves to think we're good 1 time in 20 with 2 pair.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 AM

Maybe I'm too passive in these situations... it's sneaks in after running bad for a while. Many of these passive calling stations will call the flop and raise the turn with a set. Then if you 3 bet they won't cap because there's a possible J9 out there or a higher set. 40/8/1 is exactly that kind of person. They don't care about getting more money in on the flop, or limiting the field with their turn raise, they only reason that a set should be slowplayed to raise the bigger street. I've just seen it too often, that's why I wouldn't 3 bet the turn. But I agree it is probably better here.

Button can still have an oesd on the turn, altough it's more likely to be a flushdraw. If you check the river and it goes bet/raise I'd fold. I would still c/c the river.