All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

[ QUOTE ]
How do you get cash out of online sites/neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no experience in the matter, but I would assume they tranfer from neteller to their US bank and go from there.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-28-2006, 02:45 AM

Degen : Do you have a thai bank account? What do you do for money (not like what as a job, but like how do you get money around / out etc).

If they will let me into the country I may be in Thailand within a couple weeks or a month. This sounds amazing.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:50 AM

Old 09-28-2006, 02:52 AM

Guys, I think there are some issues with using Neteller and party in Thailand. For cashout issues and other banking matters, it may be best to have someone in the states you trust that can handle these things. Just realize you can travel here with $10k legally which would be a TON of money to have for a visit.

I am married to a Thai woman, so we have a bank account and stuff, and we are able to transfer $$ from the US.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:58 AM

Have you heard about the new policy about the visa on arrival ? It basically say that they will not issue more that 3 30 days visa with the borders run within a period of six months. So you cannot stay more than 90 days in Thailand this way in a a 6 month period. It was the way to go for the long-time tourits to stay in Thailand and it seem like it will not work anymore. You can apply for a 90 days tourist visa from out of the country, but nobody seem to know if they will issue them more than one time in a six month period. It concern me a little because I'm leaving for Thailand in one week and I was planning to stay there until mid-winter.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:02 AM

Old 09-28-2006, 03:03 AM

IMO, the way Thailand handles visas isn't optimal.

Here's an underdeveloped country with people wanting to visit and spend their money OR work here and help people learn english. In return, they make it a MAJOR pain in the ballz. I am married to a thai woman, and I have to go through a big friggen hassle to stay here. I believe if I get a work visa or show them that I have money in a bank account, I am ok, but overall their process makes a lot of people unhappy.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, I think there are some issues with using Neteller and party in Thailand. For cashout issues and other banking matters, it may be best to have someone in the states you trust that can handle these things. Just realize you can travel here with $10k legally which would be a TON of money to have for a visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a note - doing this sort of thing from a foreign country as long as you have access to a machine in the US is truly trivial. There are probably some legal issues, but with enough anonymizing you can get past them just fine. Someone who can ensure that you have a PC on US soil may well be enough, but if you can trust someone enough to have them do your actual banking that's certainly an option.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:07 AM

I think Thai women are fairly dramatic, and breaking up with them will not be easy.

In the thai news, all of the time you hear stories about so and so killing themselves or someone over relationships etc. It makes the news, and turns them into martyrs. Bill may not be aware of this cause its usually in the Thai language and he may not hear about it. The women see all of this, and it fuels the fire.
Closed Thread