View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

This is unprecedented in the history of Thailand from what I've read. Condolences to all those suffering.

The latest I could find http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglis...d=255001010023, although as of now it seems a non-coordinated attack. Just the fact it's outside the capitol raises caution for other areas such as phuket, koh sumai, etc.

My flight is already booked 1/10-3/29. I'm totally confused. Any reaction of advice appreciated. Be safe
Old 01-01-2007, 05:38 AM

stay safe bill
Old 01-01-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is unprecedented in the history of Thailand from what I've read. Condolences to all those suffering.

The latest I could find http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglis...d=255001010023, although as of now it seems a non-coordinated attack. Just the fact it's outside the capitol raises caution for other areas such as phuket, koh sumai, etc.

My flight is already booked 1/10-3/29. I'm totally confused. Any reaction of advice appreciated. Be safe

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I can tell you is that I was out and about in Chiang Mai this morning/early afternoon and if not for these news articles I would have had no clue that any of this was happening. I haven't specifically been near Changklan Road, though.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Anyone ever bribe someone for a visa or have a story about someone who has? Whenever I mention to someone how nice it would be to get a one-year visa, the answer is always the same: anyone can get a one-year visa if they have money.

Even with the old system of unlimited 30-day visas, 30,000 baht would be an absolute bargain, I think, given that Bangkok-to-Cambodia border runs are typically 2,000 baht and ruin the better part of a day. I would guess that for someone in Chiang Mai or Koh Samui, a 50,000+ baht bribe would be worthwhile, given the added time expenditure. I'm wondering if these figures are even in the ballpark.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:22 PM

Here's hoping all you guys are safe right now. Any news on who set the bombs?
Old 01-02-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's hoping all you guys are safe right now. Any news on who set the bombs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently it's not the insurgency from the south, but politically motivated bombs having to do with the the political upheaval/coup a few months back.

www.bangkokpost.com
Old 01-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Ski\'s quick 2 cents on Thailand

Hey Degen, where did you say to go for plane tickets, I can't find it because this thread is enormous. Everywhere I'm looking is saying like $1600 round trip from the U.S., when people here where talking about spending half of that.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-06-2007, 09:48 AM

Hello guys AGAIN! =) WE are coming to thailand in two weeks...We will go to next Full Moon Party but before that we want just chill on some nice beach. I know that there is alot of beaches before Koh Samui but maybe some1 have some good advice which1? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Damn Im just waiting and waiting. Sitting in home is killing me LOL =)
Old 01-07-2007, 07:18 PM

After reading through this thread for about 4 hours straight yesterday I really want to plan a trip and stay for about a month. It would have to be in the summer so is this a bad time to go? Is there alot of rain or does it get too hot? I can deal with some heat as it gets up to 110 heat index here in the summer.

I cant really decide if I would want to stay on an island or the mainland, but as asked above me what is your favorite island? I read up on Sumoi and it seems people complain about alot of construction going on around them all the time. So, what's your favorite beach where there's not too many people, but within a couple of miles I can get food and internet access?
Closed Thread