Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Non-interesting observed hand. Please help me. Any street correct?

[ QUOTE ]
As played I like the turn play a lot these days against good players (thanks Stox book!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time you're getting a decent, let alone good, player to fold here is when he's autobetting the turn with nothing/no spade. Which a decent/good player is not usually going to bother doing when the only flopped draw just hit.

Like I said, I don't hate the turn/river move, or at least not nearly as much as I hate preflop & the flop, but I sincerely doubt that it's going to work nearly often enough to be profitable. The metagame/table image considerations might make it worth doing once in a while, but I somehow doubt that a player who's openlimping Ace/rag from the HJ is aware of such things, let alone capable of using them.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The metagame/table image considerations might make it worth doing once in a while, but I somehow doubt that a player who's openlimping Ace/rag from the HJ is aware of such things, let alone capable of using them.

[/ QUOTE ]
SUPBRO

Just kidding Harv. You rock. Thanks for the replies. They're always awesome.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The metagame/table image considerations might make it worth doing once in a while, but I somehow doubt that a player who's openlimping Ace/rag from the HJ is aware of such things, let alone capable of using them.

[/ QUOTE ]
SUPBRO

Just kidding Harv. You rock. Thanks for the replies. They're always awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine was sooted. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2007, 04:47 AM

Just my opinion but I think the only street that doesn't suck is the turn, and it's just me but I don't really love it.

I don't know who's folding what online anymore but when someone open limps in that spot and then especially check calls the flop. I'm not folding AT high or better on the river, and peeling the flop looks just insanely bad.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:47 PM

ignoring how he gets to the turn, his turn play is fine. River play is somewhat opponent dependant and is also fine.

BTW, even if his turn raise was not a decently-strong semi-bluff, it is fine against many opponents.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 PM

once we get there, i think the river bet is automatic. it has to get the other guy to fold, what, 1/8 of the time? i think it does accomplish that and will make a small pair or unimproved ace high or the missed flushdraw fold some of the time. besides, if we make this play with made hands as well then betting the river is natural.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 PM

pf: obviously never open limp and really never open limp with a great stealing/shodown hand like that.

given the pf play, I'd tend to checkraise the flop and go from there. button will bet 100% of his range, most of which totally whiffed and some of which you're ahead of. If this "2+2r" was open-limping even relatively frequently its entirely possible that he's getting isolated by hands as weak as Q9s, KT, and 22. put pressure on the other guy's range or just check fold and then get up from the game.

checkraising the turn is retarded. villain's range of better hands that will bet there consists of pairs and flush draws - none of which will immediately fold. Checkraising the flop makes much much more sense. as played check/fold the turn and get up from the game. Alternatively he can donk and hope villain iso'd without a spade or king and will just fold.

On the river, hero needs villain to fold [i]a better hand[/t] more often than 12% of the time. I think villain's folding a better hand just about never, and is proably calling with a worse ace just about never as well.

ugly hand man.