Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2006, 09:59 AM

Default Re: 5/10 Online. Checkup. AJo from BB vs. Unknown UTG raiser.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would c/r the flop because i c/r the flop alot HU anyway. if you don't c/r the flop alot i like the way you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you mind explaining why you think a c-r is better than c-c if you are known as a HU flop c-rer?

[/ QUOTE ]

'cause i c/r alot of crap(different draws, pairs, pair+draw combos, etc.). basically i'm not only c/r TPTK in this spot so it doesn't blow an opponent off of a worse hand as easily as someone who normally doesn't. does that make any sense? i feel like i did a [censored] job of explaining it.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:04 AM

I c/r this flop too. Villain will often have more outs than normal thanks to the JT on board, so AQ/AK actually have 7 outs against us, and KQ has 14 outs (ignoring redraw opportunities). I don't think this really qualifies as a wa/wb hand.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would c/r the flop because i c/r the flop alot HU anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Once in a while I want to have a hand that I can showdown.

James, you also calling down a turn raise?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I c/r this flop too. Villain will often have more outs than normal thanks to the JT on board, so AQ/AK actually have 7 outs against us, and KQ has 14 outs (ignoring redraw opportunities). I don't think this really qualifies as a wa/wb hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a wa/wb hand, but I think we're behind quite often here, and once we c/r the flop we pretty much have to get to showdown, and if we're behind, it's going to be expensive. I think that playing this hand passivly on the flop and the turn lets us win the most and lose the least, even though we're not charging AK/AQ/KQ as much as we'd like to if we know that's what they have.

I guess c/r the flop and leading the turn is good if you can confidently fold to a turn raise, but can you in this spot?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:49 PM

Why check that flop? What were you hoping to hit on that flop. I think calling was suspect, but once an A didn't flop and you hit top pair, you need to be more aggressive. Just my thoughts.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i would c/r the flop because i c/r the flop alot HU anyway. if you don't c/r the flop alot i like the way you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you mind explaining why you think a c-r is better than c-c if you are known as a HU flop c-rer?

[/ QUOTE ]
'cause i c/r alot of crap(different draws, pairs, pair+draw combos, etc.). basically i'm not only c/r TPTK in this spot so it doesn't blow an opponent off of a worse hand as easily as someone who normally doesn't. does that make any sense? i feel like i did a [censored] job of explaining it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I think that makes sense to me. If we do have this image and we did make this flop c-r, I think we would probably have to go into call down mode if we get raised, right? Given our image of someone who is known to be aggressive with less than TPTK, our holding of TPTK would be better than usual (considering the villain might value raise with a worse holding than us or could bluff raise thinking we have a weak holding). Also, by the time the raise occured the pot would probably be of decent size. So if we made this flop c-r play we would then have to call a flop reraise or a turn or river raise, right?

I'm not convinced the flop check-raise is better than my line. I'm not convinced the flop is not a time to go into WA/WB. You guys are saying it isn't a good time for WA/WB because if the villain is behind he often has quite a few outs, right?