Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 06:58 AM

Default Have Bayou or Ongame network stolen my money? PLEASE HELP 2+2!

The purpose of this post is twofold. Firstly, I'd like to alert the readers here to the extent of what has happened, and is still happening, at the Ongame network. Secondly, I'd like to ask the people here what actions they think I should take to resolve the issue I have.

Over seven months ago, I was happily playing on the Ongame network site Bayou Poker. I played so many hands that they made me a 'VIP' member and gave me 'special reload bonuses released at a special rate'. I played almost exclusively there for about 3 weeks.

Then, around 7 months ago, I received an e-mail telling me that my account had been locked and that they were undertaking a 'routine security check' on my account. They asked me to provide ID and to explain my 'relationship' with a certain other player. So, it looked as though they wanted to invesigate me for collusion. I was upset because I had never colluded with this player or any other player.

I sent them the identification and explained that I had no relationship whatsoever with this other player beyond simply playing at the same table before.

After Bayou received the documentation, weeks passed without me receiving any response. I spent lots of time writing e-mails to both Bayou and the Ongame network and telephoning them to find out exactly what was going on with my account. Everytime I phoned them they told me that they can't help me because another department, 'risk management', was looking after the 'investigation'. Every time I e-mailed them they did not write back.

Six months pass and Bayou has a significant amount of my money locked in my account. They never told me why the account had been locked. They didn't even take the time to reply to my e-mails.

I have taken the time to look through my database of hands while playing at Bayou and can say that there is no reason whatsoever to suspect that I had been colluding with the other player they named. In fact, there is evidence that we weren't working together - we went heads-up many times and lost money to each other. I am certain that they possess no evidence to suggest I cheated in any way.

Abount a month ago I sent a PM to the Ongame Network representative here at 2+2. He told me to send the story to him, and that he would investigate. However, despite me sending it to him twice over the past 4 weeks, he hasn't even replied.

So, Bayou Poker and the Ongame network have had my account locked with a significant amout of my money still in it for over 7 months. They have done this without even providing me with a reason and without any wrong doing on my part. I find this both extremely frustrating, and extremely unacceptable.

Does anyone here have any ideas on how I could resolve this issue?
Old 10-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Have Bayou or Ongame network stolen my money? PLEASE HELP 2+2!

Notify this in the Bonuswhores forums. The owners have some bargaining power.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:54 AM

this happend too me on tilt awhile back, they said the same thing "routine sercurity check". What they do is they audit your account, they look through all your hands and all the players hands that they suspected u were colluding with, but it only took me about 2-3 weeks too get my account back. Poker sites are very strict on everything, if u so much as play with someone on a more then usual basis they will audit your account, and i would suggest getting an email address too the person that is directly associated with your account
Old 11-01-2006, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Notify this in the Bonuswhores forums. The owners have some bargaining power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the response.

Actually, I think I signed up with Bayou under BonusWhores, using one of their banners. It was where I first heard of Bayou. I will contact them. However, I've noticed that BW no longer promote Bayou. They took down the advertisements about 4 months ago I think...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What they do is they audit your account, they look through all your hands and all the players hands that they suspected u were colluding with,

[/ QUOTE ]

In my case, I find this difficult to believe. It is apparent to me that there is no audit taking place. The account has been locked for over 7 months. I believe Bayou and/or Ongame network have simply taken my money.

[ QUOTE ]
i would suggest getting an email address too the person that is directly associated with your account

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean here. Bayou and Ongame are not responding to the contact I make with them.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:24 AM

Any chance Bayou utilizes FutureBet? Alot of OnGame skins do. I wouldn't play on a futurebet powered skin with other people's money.

http://www.pokerroomreview.com/artic...futurebet.aspx
Old 11-02-2006, 04:45 AM

another thing u can try, slap a monkey in the face, do a fullspin, point your finger at the monkey who know has a really red face. back hand him on the other side of his face, do a pelvic thrust and he will immediatly go and find out what happend too ur money.