Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: 100/200 PLO on stars... do you get away from this?

[ QUOTE ]
I fold pre, but as played I 3-bet the flop. I dunno what I do when he 4-bets the flop, about 50% of the time I fold and 50% I go all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting and 4-betting are IMO strictly Hold 'Em terms. A 3 bet in a raised Omaha hand is commiting yourself to the hand (unless as is the case in this bizarre hand all of the bets were minimum raises).
Old 09-05-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold pre, but as played I 3-bet the flop. I dunno what I do when he 4-bets the flop, about 50% of the time I fold and 50% I go all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-betting and 4-betting are IMO strictly Hold 'Em terms. A 3 bet in a raised Omaha hand is commiting yourself to the hand (unless as is the case in this bizarre hand all of the bets were minimum raises).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 3-bet pot would have been something like to 5k or so and you had still 24k behind...you are not committing yourself there at all.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that I like the flop bet

[/ QUOTE ]

My flop bet?
Not betting my draw there gives me zero information about the hand. I don't want to have to call 2 big bets later in the hand because I turn a sucker str8 or low flush and he starts betting on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

as opposed to bet, calling the c/r and still being in the dark as far as his hand is concerned, calling of 2 larger bets?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM

lol I think 3 betting the flop to 5k is about the worst possible line. I think I like playing the hand the same way and folding the river. If there are a lot of draws in his range (only sensible reason to call river, but I agree the flop is much more likely to be a made hand) then you should probably fold turn.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your 3-bet pot would have been something like to 5k or so and you had still 24k behind...you are not committing yourself there at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point isn't whether you're committed after the raise. The point is that it's really stupid to put more money in if you're not going to call a push when you're opponent's going to be putting their money in a great deal of the time anyway. Do you really think you're getting a min-raise/fold here? And if so, you're probably better reraising with 2222 than with a big draw that you don't want to get raised off of.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think you're getting a min-raise/fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you say these games are so easy that no one ever bluffs in them or make semi tough laydowns like top+bottom for 3-bets etc?