Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 1 RB this week
Rudi Johnson @Baltimore 2 18.18%
Kevin Jones vs. Atlanta 5 45.45%
Thomas Jones vs. Miami 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Who played well or badly at the 2007 WSOP ME FT

[ QUOTE ]
Most everyone else played poorly, and I'll even include Kravchenko. It doesn't take much skill to pushbot, which he did well. However, when deep he played weakly, and that ultimately doomed him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kravchenko was THE shortstack for almost the whole day prior to the FT. Yes, he had to play pushbot but he did it so well he came within a flip of the chiplead with 4 left.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:08 PM

Hard to see how the "poorly played" leader can be anybody but Hilm. Yeah, Childs will spend 40 years seeing those Queens go into the muck, but it's hard to top chip leader to first bustout, and both big hands shown (KQ 8d5d) were just horrible. Were there any unshown hands for him that might mitigate this?
Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He did play an effective big stack game, but in an amaterish style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please define "effective but amateurish."

[/ QUOTE ]

push everyone around in stupid spots, while not knowing why he should be doing it

[/ QUOTE ]

He made really big raises. He almost never folded, which had some advantages of making it hard to play back at him. He didn't play a big stack game the way most of the $100r regulars or HSMTT regulars would, but he maybe played it in the most effective way given his skills.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most everyone else played poorly, and I'll even include Kravchenko. It doesn't take much skill to pushbot, which he did well. However, when deep he played weakly, and that ultimately doomed him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kravchenko was THE shortstack for almost the whole day prior to the FT. Yes, he had to play pushbot but he did it so well he came within a flip of the chiplead with 4 left.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and Kravchenko went for the win when he got chips. He could have folded his way to a higher spot like the 2nd place finisher to higher money but I doubt he regrets any of his play.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and Kravchenko went for the win when he got chips. He could have folded his way to a higher spot like the 2nd place finisher to higher money but I doubt he regrets any of his play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, he wasn't folding AK against Yang.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:51 AM

OP, obviously not a single one of them played well. You should be asking who played the best at the FT.

[ QUOTE ]

Yang played like [censored], end of story. He played ridiculously exploitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and this is totally irrelevant if nobody has the brains or the guts to actually exploit the mistakes he made. In fact, when you attack weak players who are making huge mistakes it usually means you are playing in an "exploitable" style. (not trying to say Yang played great, but just because something is exploitable or looks awful to you does not mean it was a horrible thing to do vs that lineup)

Finally, judging just from what they showed on TV is silly since they show so little and create the story they want. We know for a fact that most of the people at the FT played horribly.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 AM

CHAAAAAAAAAARK