Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Ask El Diablo

haakee-

F. That's a long way to drive=(.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:41 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Which languages do you speak at what level of proficiency?

Do you know David Hornik of venturecast? (I don't I just enjoy listening to his podcast)
Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 AM

goof,

Hindi dialect, fluently.
Hindi, enough to get by.
English, pretty well.
Spanish, enough to communicate, could get fluent easily
Italian, same thing
Norwegian, one month in Norway and I'm fluent
A few others where I can stumble by.

Yeah, I've known David for years.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:01 PM

Diablo,

Thoughts on taking off a year before going to college?

Where would you recommend a group of 18-20 year olds live in California? The US?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:55 AM

El Diablo
Need a personal chef? Seems like you enjoy good food [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Well I can cook it!
Old 02-10-2007, 03:23 PM

hello latex covered warrior,
Dominus , Insignia, or another california / domestic favorite?
How funny is tommy angelo in person?
sounds silly to ask but how is the modern art scene in SF in your opinion?
thanks,
jason
Old 02-11-2007, 02:34 AM

Dear El Diablo,
I'm currently enrolled at U of Toronto for B.Commerce program, and absolutely hating it because I don't feel challenged enough, most of what we learn seem useless/cookie cutter stuff etc. However I took an intro to psych as an elective and absolutely loved it. I'm thinking B.Com degree by it self is not really valuable unless I plan to get MBA, but that's another 4 years after I get my degree and I really don't see my self doing that.

I'm thinking of changing my major to psychology, continue to play poker on the side and peruse business in entrepreneurship after I graduate. I've had decent success at poker (5/10nl) so I have some capital saved up and I think I have what it takes to be successful as an entrepreneur.

Can I get your 2 cents?
Old 02-19-2007, 01:22 AM

Diablo,

If I create a website that gets alot of hits, are there people I can hire who specialize in figuring out the best way for me to turn those hits into $? Sometimes I notice small sites will have advertisements from big companies, how did they get these companies to advertise on their website? - through a middle man like I described above?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:32 AM

Diablo,

Why doesnt Blarg post in this forum?

Do you know of any sitcoms/tv shows that shown and marketed only on the internet? This seems like one of the easiest ways to make 10 million bucks.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:31 PM

KKF: You'd have to ask Blarg why he doesn't post here.

KKF: Probably the first series to be done completely on the Internet was TheSpot.com. That was probably ten years ago. Since then there have been tons of short format video series done just on the Internet. There are tons and tons of these now. The challenge here is the same as in TV or movies. It is not easy to come up with good, compelling, creative content. People who succeed at that on the Internet will make money.

KKF: If you get a ton of hits, the first thing you do is stick Google adwords on there, you can do that yourself. The next step up is to go with a middleman firm like Federated Media, which will sell your ad space to big companies at higher rates. Once you grow beyond that, you hire an ad sales staff who works directly with ad agencies and big companies to sell ads at the highest rates.

AIL: If you're bored with what you're doing at school and have found something that is more interesting, most definitely follow that path.

kaf: I haven't had too many super expensive old California wines, but I have had some Opus One that I really loved. Tommy Angelo is more awesome and cool and insightful and nice than funny in person. Modern art scene in SF is pretty weak imo.

Kyle: Please participate in OOT Iron Chef and I'll consider you for personal chef role!

King: I think takign a year off before college, taking semesters abroad, or anything like that is just a great idea. One of my regrets is not doing enough stuff like that when I was younger. 18-20yos in Cali I would recommend living someplace near the beach in SoCal. In the US, tons of places, but not many that beat that.
Closed Thread