Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Re: X Box 360

If your parents won't buy the premium because of the extra money, you're going to have to spend 100+ anyways to get the hard drive (which is basically mandatory for saving your games, downloading stuff, and it is REQUIRED if you want to play online). I'd just give them the extra 100 up front and ask them to buy the premium so that you get the hard drive, the wireless controller, and the component cables (better picture than composite). Plus, if you're planning on playing online, the headset is def nice to have.

So I would just really give your parents the 100 up front since you're going to have to spend that anyways and this way you'll get more for the same price.

Edit: Gus beat me to it. But yeah, what he said.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:29 PM

I'll reiterate what everyone else is trying to say. Get the premium, with the cheap version you have NO way to save games literally. In order to save games you'll need a memory card that costs $50 bucks and only holds 50 mg or with the premium which costs $100 more you get a harddrive which holds like 16 gigs...trust me there is no point in getting the cheaper version.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:13 PM

Plus if you ever are going to want to dl demos or any of the 'xbox live' arcade games you'll want the HD...especially for the demos as they take up a lot of space. While I rarely use my headset, its a nice thing to have for the times that you play certain games online.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:05 PM

i didnt know there were people that STINGY out there. the core is used for lan i think, like the non-stingy people who don't put a price on having fun with friends. the premium is for non-stingy people who realize that they actually save money by paying less money on the stuff they would use anyways. "o i wanna make my own hard drive to save money" dam just dont get a 360, go play with marbles outside your parents will save more money that way.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt know there were people that STINGY out there. the core is used for lan i think, like the non-stingy people who don't put a price on having fun with friends. the premium is for non-stingy people who realize that they actually save money by paying less money on the stuff they would use anyways. "o i wanna make my own hard drive to save money" dam just dont get a 360, go play with marbles outside your parents will save more money that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, take a pill or something.

Anyway, my xbox360 has gotten really loud all of a sudden. It was pretty close to silent a month or so ago, but now its audible over my tv. Is this normal?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:30 AM

I don't know if you're near a microcenter but they had a $100 rebate on the premium 360 for a while and they may still have it.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, take a pill or something.

Anyway, my xbox360 has gotten really loud all of a sudden. It was pretty close to silent a month or so ago, but now its audible over my tv. Is this normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is the same, I bought it about a week before Thanksgiving. The sound is annoying, but it works great so it's not a big deal.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:12 PM

You MUST get the Premium. Hell, the Wireless controller is a must, they blow away wired controlers by a margin that I can't even explain.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:08 AM

If you buy a 360 at Toys R us this week you get a free $100 gift card with purchase.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:26 AM

You need the hard drive so get the premium. I'd recommend trading in the wireless controller for a wired one though.