Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Small things to make the world better

[ QUOTE ]
When driving, if you come to a stop in the right lane and you aren't turning right. If at all possible make sure your car is as far to the left as you can go, so a guy behind you who wants to make a right turn can squeeze by you. People that don't do this show me all I need to know about how much they are paying attention to their surroundings and they are probably bad drivers.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not agree with this more, and I always do it. Also, if you are coming to a major intersection in the right lane and arent turning soon, get over so someone else can turn if you are first in line at the light. You obviously cant do this in heavy traffic.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 PM

If you're introduced to someone whose name reminds you of a movie/tv character or some other celebrity, refrain from making the obvious joke. You are not creative or clever, and they've heard it a million times before.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is bs. You should never put your seat back in a plane. It gives the person behind you far less room to do whatever they are trying to do - reading, eating, using a laptop or whatever. You're pretty damn selfish if you think it is ok to inconvenience somebody else just to make your trip slightly better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not gonna get into this cuz this thread has been done before, but lolololololololol
Old 10-27-2007, 04:27 PM

DaveR,

Sounds like you need to take a few days, Dave. You’re welcome to use my place in Sarasota. (Yeah, I know you loathe Florida.)

Good points though.

RJT
Old 10-27-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Second, when waiting at the airport, don't plop yourself down on those waiting area rows of seats. They're connected and it's likely that you just jerked the poor guy down from you forward, or, even worse, awake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, please don't place every single one of your carry on bags on all the seats, so you take up like 11 chairs in the row with your crap. Seats are for sitting, the floor is for your bags. I don't want to be leaning against a pole because your backpack needed a perch.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

A similar one - when sitting down on an airplane please don't lower yourself into your seat by holding onto the headrest in front of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this drives me nuts. a while back i was flying air canada from frankfurt to toronto and i was woken up because someone was using my headrest for support while doing who knows what. i looked back to see some old lady fiddling with her shoe or something and i guess i didn't have the most pleasant look on my face (after just waking up) so the old fart she was with started yelling at me in french. i told him politely that i did not understand what he was saying, so he kicked the back of my seat to push my seatback up. i turned around and put my headphones back on and tried to go back to sleep. a couple minutes later when i thought things had calmed down i tried to put my seatback down again, and immediately it was shoved right back violently.

so:

a) don't be an [censored]
b) when you realize you're being an [censored], don't start yelling and being a bigger [censored]
c) when you're being an [censored] and someone is trying to talk to you politely, don't pretend you don't speak their language
d) don't use violence just for the sake of being an [censored]

[censored] = bumhole but starts with an a

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bs. You should never put your seat back in a plane. It gives the person behind you far less room to do whatever they are trying to do - reading, eating, using a laptop or whatever. You're pretty damn selfish if you think it is ok to inconvenience somebody else just to make your trip slightly better.

Also, if you’re sitting beside somebody in a lecture theatre or on a bus or plane, try your best not to invade their personal space with your arms and possessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is a level, good one, you got me.
If this isn't, go [censored] yourself.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just don't bring young children on vacation, to the movies or to nice restaurants. Your 18-month-old is not going to get anything out of a trip to Vegas or a screening of 2001, and the likelihood of him annoying the hell out of people on the plane or in the theater is really high. Stay home or get a [censored] sitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

word. They need to have an airline service that only flies families with kids younger than say 5 or 12 depending on how you look at it...every other plane would have adults....why hasn't this happened yet. I don't plan on taking my kids anywhere or doing anything remotely interesting with them before the age of say, 5, I look back now and talk with my parents and they took me everywhere, visited a ton of places, went to different museums, parks, etc... I remember exactly zero. Biggest waste of money, aggravation, stress, etc...
Old 10-27-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not gonna get into this cuz this thread has been done before, but lolololololololol

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright I'll admit if I'm being a dumbass here, but why is this so lol? Unless you expect everybody to put their seats back?
Old 10-27-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Alright I'll admit if I'm being a dumbass here, but why is this so lol? Unless you expect everybody to put their seats back?

[/ QUOTE ]

the space that i paid for that belongs to me starts from the back of my fully reclined chair and ends at the back of the fully reclined chair in front of me. the only exceptions are during takeoff and landing and during meals.

the seats have been cleverly designed so that they will only reach the space that has been allotted to me.

and the point of my story had nothing to do with seat backs. it was that people in coach are often inconsiderate [censored]. unfortunately i'm not yet so rich that i can spend $20k+/year for a little bit of extra comfort.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the space that i paid for that belongs to me starts from the back of my fully reclined chair and ends at the back of the fully reclined chair in front of me. the only exceptions are during takeoff and landing and during meals.

the seats have been cleverly designed so that they will only reach the space that has been allotted to me.

and the point of my story had nothing to do with seat backs. it was that people in coach are often inconsiderate [censored]. unfortunately i'm not yet so rich that i can spend $20k+/year for a little bit of extra comfort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the explanation, and apologies for my earlier sharpness.

I have been brought up in a culture that considers putting the seat back rather rude, so clearly views on this subject will vary around the world. In most flights that I have been on, the majority of people keep their seats upright as general courtesy to the passenger behind them. It just seems bad manners to inconvenience somebody behind you unnecessarily imo.