FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

Speaking as a former retail manager,

OP- You're an idiot.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on man, your argument is ridiculous. "If everybody did what you did, then they would lose money!" Ok? Not everybody is doing what I'm doing, so that's a moot point.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

But if a store was known for this policy, everyone would. Are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your argument is that if there is a policy that can be abused that people will abuse it. Do you realize how many companies have policies that can easily be abused by anybody, yet they still use them?

If somebody at Mcdonalds wanted to, they could eat most of their meal, then at the end complain that the food was undercooked or some B.S. and they'll refund your money without thinking twice. And I've seen it happen more than once (not fraud necessarily, just the act of them refunding the meal no questions asked).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm asking them to make a very reasonable exception to the rule in a manner that doesn't cost them money. Is this really that insane to you?

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

Do you think you're the only one who's ever purchased a game they didn't like? And yes, completely insane that you don't even understand why they won't let you. You're either extremely stupid or extremely naive.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're completely missing the point, again. I am not asking or expecting them to give me a full refund, jesus christ. All I ask for was a partial refund in store credit for roughly the value that it is worth. How exactly would a policy that says the following be exploited: "In order to get a refund for a new game, you must return it within a week of the original purchase with the reciept, and pay a fee equal to 10% of the value of the game new. Refunds are for store credit only."

With this policy, it prevents people from abusing the ability to constantly return games after they're done with them, while not completely screwing over those of us that are legitimate.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With this policy, it prevents people from abusing the ability to constantly return games after they're done with them, while not completely screwing over those of us that are legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. It lets me rent a game for a week for $5. I hope this thread is a hudge level becuase you're a complete idiot if this is true.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM

Pretty sure until a year or so ago that whole chain would take games back within 7 days (assuming everything in good condition) if you didn't like it, but people started really exploiting it and they canned it.

I've had Gamefly for about a year, their shipping times have improved greatly in that time too, I haven't got a scratched game from em yet.

And yea, TH is dead, Skate is the shid.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll admit defeat when somebody makes a practical argument that makes sense, or points out a similar flaw in mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
The store loses money (and gains a less desirable used copy) every time they do employ your policy. Actually, you're right, that doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

The number I threw out there was arbitrary and can easily be adjusted to an amount that they wouldn't lose or profit from, which for a $60 game is going to be no more than $10.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is where your opinions start diverging with those of the rest of the forum. We (ok, I'll speak for myself), I do not see your gripe as legitimate. Not doing research before making a purchase is your own fault and not that of the store. The store should be under no obligation to accomodate your bad judgement. I do agree with you though that the store should make accomodations for legitimate beefs.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:16 PM

You're just being unreasonable and embarrassing yourself.

Your McDonald's example is inane, because you're talking about a $2 hamburger, not a $50 piece of merchandise. Also, if the burger is physically not undercooked, how would you convince them that it is? The only reason you'd be given a refund in this case is because they'd figure it's easier to refund you than deal with a crazy person.

I will reiterate: If a store had this policy, it would be exploited every day by thousands of people. There used to be a CD chain in New Jersey called Compact Disc World. For $15 a year, you could become a member of their club. You'd receive discounts on CDs, and you could return anything, open or not. Guess when they went out of business? Well, it was soon after they had to get rid of the policy due to the fact that CD burners were becoming increasingly popular. After they dismantled the club, nobody shopped there anymore.

Also, you're basically just ignoring all of my previous points about why it's not in a corporation's best interests to lose money every time someone decides to exchange a new game. Please review my first post in this thread.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 PM

[censored]. No one buys expensive used games
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. It lets me rent a game for a week for $5. I hope this thread is a hudge level becuase you're a complete idiot if this is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok? You can do the same thing at Blockbuster.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok? You can do the same thing at Blockbuster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. And that's what Blockbuster exists for, not Gamestop.