Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Did you have the same problem?

Hi Guys.

I´m playin 2+0,25 STT Turbo on Tilt. I´m feeling very good with two tables but when it comes to 3 my ROI drops to zero. Played 13 while 3 tabling and lost about 0,45$. After that I played 9 with 2 tabling and made an ROI of 31% (indluding the 13 from before). Do you have a clue what I can do to perform better at three tables? Or what was your biggest mistake when you were at this stage?
Sometimes I play the 6$ STT and perform pretty good but I have to slow down because my BR isn´t ready for this.

Linse
Old 10-27-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Did you have the same problem?

you can't have an accurate idea of your roi after 13 or 9 sngs... Read the FAQ.

[X] IBL
Old 10-27-2007, 04:41 PM

adding tables is a process. Everyone starts with one. Some peak at 4, some at 6, 8, 18, 28 (this is about the top end noted). It is simply a matter of getting used to the decision making processes with each added table. When you feel that you're at the top of your game and beating the level with 2, add another, and repeat the process. Take it slowly, again, its a process, you need to get used to it. At a certain point you'll be able to add perhaps 2 or 3 tables instead of 1 to each addition. I'll play anywhere from 6-18 tables depending on the games, what im playing in type of game and buy in, if im multi tasking etc etc... There's no golden number, just what works for you in each situation.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:47 PM

@vers: it was just an example. I played a lot more and moved from 1$ to 2$ already.

@AMT: great reply. I´m just gettin better and better and a lot of moves are already "automatic" but probably I have to 2 table a couple of 100 games more.

Do you think its better to play longer the 2$ to add some day the 3rd table or just move to the 6$ level when the BR is ready. I´m sure I can beat the 6$ tables but maybe it´s a dumb idea to add more tables at the higher level and just play longer 2$.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:52 PM

if your primary goal is to add tables and not to move up yet, then id focus on staying at 2 and adding games, OR, moving up, playing 1 or 2 tables at 6 when youre BR is ready and you feel ready, and simply moving back down and adding games when you feel your game has improved. I feel that this up and down transition for adding tables sake really helps you get used to the level and table adjustments. Then you can take your new multi tabling skills back up and have an easier time. Just a thought, I took the traditional approach and just added tables gradually until i was ready to move up, even if it meant a longer time at a level with the BR to move up. Either way, you might find that you'll do both depending on the level and specific goals. Gl.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:59 PM

Thanx. There is no real goal decision between moving up or adding tables for me so far. I just don´t want to suck, enjoy the game and increase my BR.