Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 11:03 AM

Default 200 PLO - OESFD - Play for stacks on this flop?

Only been at table 2 orbits, no stats or reads really yet, table has been pretty passive.

What do you think of my flop bet?

What do you put the others on? Should I muck my OESFD?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($119.90)
CO ($189.35)
Hero ($150.45)
SB ($250.30)
BB ($87)
UTG ($412.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, CO calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, SB calls $10, BB calls $9, MP folds, CO calls $9.

Flop: ($46) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $43</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $172.7</font>, BB calls $76 (All-In), CO folds, Hero ???
Old 10-06-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: 200 PLO - OESFD - Play for stacks on this flop?

Almost irrelevant what the others have. I would imagine it's obviously some combination of sets and big heart draws. BB probably has a hand like AxXxQhJh, etc, or the nut heart draw, and SB looks like he's got dry 55.

Up to you if you like a high variance play. You have twelve outs to the nuts when you include the straight flush outs, while you'll be fighting off redraws. The SF outs might be out of the deck, I doubt many of your wrap outs are. Equity wise, you're +EV here, but it's close enough that getting it in high is tight.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:50 AM

there is no way i am leaving $43 behind when i only have ~$100 left. obviously if we are deeper this becomes tighter, but i even then the 2 straight flush outs are enough to get me in the pot 3 way

flop bet is fine you are only marginally behind a set. Axxxw/hearts isnt great, but you still have ~40% equity
Old 10-06-2007, 11:54 AM

I think you would have to discount your hearts in this hand. really it looks like they both either have a set or at least nf draws. I think with ten outs and no real redraws, its probably a fold imo.

EDIT:
I didn't realize that you were so short stacked. I think that your flop bet is terrible in that you commited your self to the hand. I think checking behind here is the better play.
if another player has hearts, which is very likely, you may only have eight outs.

heads up I wouldn't mind getting it in here. you have a lot of equity, but multiway your hand drops significantly.

if your betting I think your commited. so take a free card.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:56 AM

(first time post, so flame away at my ignorance if you wish)

first off, i don't understand the PFR unless it's purely a positional thing, designed to isolate against one or two &amp; then steal after check check (or pray the flop hits just so). still it's bad w/ two already in &amp; two left to act &amp; you w/ a piss poor hand for multiway siince iit cant make a whole lot of hands youd feel comfortable w/ against heavy action (middle set, mediocre flush draw, etc).

anyway, that being said, i think yr flop bet is fine since you do have a legitimate draw. however i think it's very likely your only live outs are the upper end of the str8 (&amp; the str8 flush, of course), 'cause looks to me like SB might be trying to protect a made wheel against higher str8/flush draw, &amp; BB probably calls w/ odds to draw to a big flush, probably w/ TP as a bonus. also it's not unthinkable one might have the nut set, tho this is probably not so likely since players at these stakes tend to repot preflop w/ any AAxx to isolate against a single opponent. anyway wont presume to say preceding speculation is EXACTLY what each player had, but think probably you call &amp; find some combination of made wheel/nut or near nut heart draw (again discounting set as unlikely). as to the muck question...considering yr hearts are probably no good, just a matter of figuring whether youre getting correct odds to draw to nut str8 or str8 flush.

actually, thinking back on it, i think you maybe bet a little too much on the flop.theres no way youre gonna fold out the table &amp; you mightve committed yourself, since theres around $340 in &amp; you have like $95 left, so pots laying you 3.5 to 1 or so. post results?

again, this is my first ever strategy post in ANY forum, so if I said anything ignorant or grossly inaccurate please take it easy on me guys?

thx for the post
Old 10-06-2007, 12:26 PM

Ironically I would call if big blind doesn't. but once he calls... we're faced with two very likely scenarios:
our outs are out (3s, they are teh blinds, 23 isn't impossible), someone is sitting on real AA to lock out our draws 1/3 of the time, someone got better flush draw, or some combination of such.

Only thing I want them to both turn up is 23 without hearts. I'd probably bail here unless I am feeling lucky.

EDIT for PS: just a little lucky will do. this is a pretty close fold in my opinion.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:25 PM

you played ok, if you go all in right now
Old 10-06-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you played ok, if you go all in right now

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 PM

You have at least 10 outs and probably 12 outs on the flop, go for it.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Once in a while life sucks and SB has a set while the BB has A678 wit h nut hearts and you're drawing to a split. You should still get it all in given that you have up to ten outs when your flush draw isn't live and you are the favorite when both of your draws are live.

Flop bet is fine and you should be very happy to get it in vs 23xx.