Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Anyone used Moneygram to deposit on FTP?

I would like to move $1800 over to FTP (the max I can deposit via Moneygram). I emailed the FullTilt cashier and received their information, which involves sending to an individual. Has anyone used this method to deposit on FTP? I read this recent thread, but it focused primarily on depositing to Stars, which I gather uses a business as the recipient.

Anyone else used Moneygram as a deposit method for FTP? Any idea what my fees are going to be like on $1800? The instructions are clear, so I guess I'm really just looking for reassurance that I'm not sending $1800 to some random South American dude, never to be heard from again.

TIA...
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Anyone used Moneygram to deposit on FTP?

I have done it. However, "The instructions are clear, so I guess I'm really just looking for reassurance that I'm not sending $1800 to some random South American dude, never to be heard from again."

That is the risk you are always taking while doing something illegal or GAMBLING period.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have done it. However, "The instructions are clear, so I guess I'm really just looking for reassurance that I'm not sending $1800 to some random South American dude, never to be heard from again."

That is the risk you are always taking while doing something illegal or GAMBLING period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I'm just trying to weigh the degree of risk. If the standard reply is, "yeah, it sounded sketchy but worked fine for me", great. I just want to know if others have done this and if they encountered any difficulties. As you point out, it isn't like my risk stops once I get the money to FTP.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I'm just trying to weigh the degree of risk. If the standard reply is, "yeah, it sounded sketchy but worked fine for me", great. I just want to know if others have done this and if they encountered any difficulties. As you point out, it isn't like my risk stops once I get the money to FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done it before and it worked great. This was before the industry crash though. I am talking October, 2006.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:06 PM

Did it last week for 1.8k. Sketchy, but fast.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did it last week for 1.8k. Sketchy, but fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply, Ayodeji13. What were your fees? Any other info worth knowing ahead of time?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:41 PM

I deposited $1K on FTP last week using Moneygram to take advantage of a redeposit bonus. The fee was $9.99 and the deposit showed up in my account about 1 hour after I entered the reference numbher in the cashier window.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Update: Seemed sketchy as hell, but $1800 deposit took less than an hour from bank to Moneygram agent to money appearing in my FTP account.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Update: Seemed sketchy as hell, but $1800 deposit took less than an hour from bank to Moneygram agent to money appearing in my FTP account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Success? Glad to hear.