Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Poker Office vs. Poker Tracker

In addition to Poker Tracker and Poker Office, another cheap option ($25) is PokerManager:

http://www.pokermgr.com
Old 06-10-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's an online manual up for Poker Office now - you can find step by step instructions here: Convert Database to MySQL

You should make sure that you've downloaded version 4.1.14 of MySQL instead of the most recent one, since the most recent one apparently isn't working. There are some threads about that in the support forum like this one

[/ QUOTE ]
That's awesome. Thanks, man.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:16 PM

what would you guys recommend for a new player? I am fairly new at playing compared to most of you. I want the program that will help me improve my game the most and make the best decisions. Right now, I mostly play on pokerroom. Ive read the pokertracker vs poker office debate and found it to be inconclusive
Old 06-13-2006, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what would you guys recommend for a new player? I am fairly new at playing compared to most of you. I want the program that will help me improve my game the most and make the best decisions. Right now, I mostly play on pokerroom. Ive read the pokertracker vs poker office debate and found it to be inconclusive

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer Poker Office because I really like the built in live tracker and I also think Poker Office has better filtering options for post game analysis.

In my oppinion Poker Office is the software that's easier to learn for a new player - it's more user friendly and does'nt require any add-on's.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:51 AM

Looks like the discussion is still going so I'll chime back in. I've stuck it out with PO2 even though there have been several times that I've considered making the switch to PT. The only reason I've ever considered switching is because PO2 doesn't support all the sites I play on (Absolute is my biggest issue). That being said, I have to hand it to the PO guys because they have been working hard at releasing several updates recently that have added many more sites to their supported list. They are also going to be adding 15 more statistics to the table overlay (WtSD% when saw flop and WSD% are among these). There are several users (myself included) requesting a more customizable overlay on the PO discussion boards. If you are patient, it seems they really try to develop things that are requested so I have hopes that they will work on this in future updates.

As far as what is better for new users - I can only speak to my experience with PO2. I found it very easy to get up and running with this software. You don't have to purchase any add-ons so you do need to take that into account when comparing price points. If you play at the major sites, chances are that PO2 supports it. I have had some memory issues while multitabling on Party but I'm pretty sure that is just as much a Party software problem as it is a PO2 problem. Hope this helps those trying to decide which one to purchase.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:07 PM

PO2 is closing the gap on available statistics now. They recently released a patch which allows use of C-bet%, WTSD%, W$SD% and others.

This was (justifiably) a major argument against PO2 and in favor of PT.

PO2 still lacks some of the big sites, but have recently added 2 more networks (pokerroom and b2b).

I've been a PO (1 & 2) user for a while and love it. PT is just too damn ugly. I was on the verge of switching because of the missing stats, but now that they're on there I don't see myself giving up PO.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:43 AM

I second that, I love all the new stats that was added in the last update. Poker Office is sure getting better and better.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:12 AM

I've been using PO2 for awhile. My biggest complaint is that every now and then it gets bogged down and starts eating up a huge amount of resources. I've gone back and forth with support but can't figure out what's causing it. I know it only happens when a table is closed. If I'm playing a ring game at the same table it works perfectly. If I'm playing a tournament and get moved from table to table, at some point I find it using upwards of 95% of my (fairly robust) system resources. I then have to shut it down and restart PO2 and it works just fine.

With that said, I really like the program. I do have a request for PO2 power users though. I had no idea about the recent stat additions. I would greatly appreciate it if people would share what stats they use for both the live tracker and the overlay.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:19 AM

I would use pokermanager soley if it had live tracker at more sites. With that being said, I use pokeroffice for the non supported pokermanager sites.

Ben get pokerroom live tracker support added!!!

cheers
Boon
Old 07-20-2006, 10:17 AM

<3 PT... :-D Ugliness is perfect, as it fits in with all the poker sites!