Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Stars: Buy the FPP bonuses before it\'s too late?

right, i seem to recall someone saying something like getting some electronics item or something via concierge and then returning it to the store for the cash or something.
Or maybe you can do this with a WalMart giftcard perhaps. No idea. Seems an awful lot of work for a small increase in value on your FPP's but the potential for weird abuse like this is certainly there....especially since it seems Stars lowered the concierge min purchase from $3k to $500.
Then there's the whole issue of whether Stars wants to continue to review one receipt after another which probably isn't the greatest use of time. But I guess if it makes the customers happy and it works it will continue.
Anyway, I have to think the vast majority of purchases through concierge are legit and the customers love them but it would probably only take two or three abusers for them to raise their eyebrows and realize that maybe it's kind of a problem.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:32 PM

Which is amazing that anyone would waste 2 trips to a store + the embarrassment of returning something over $110.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:41 AM

It would be almost like breaking a social contract. Everybody who is trying for SNE probably factors in the per annum 75k from the bonuses. It would be a real screw-over if you had to spend those points now playing Tom McEvoy heads up or whatever. I'm pretty sure they'll stay the course.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which is amazing that anyone would waste 2 trips to a store + the embarrassment of returning something over $110.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Not worth the hassle.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:11 AM

it's a joke IMO and def not worth it
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be almost like breaking a social contract. Everybody who is trying for SNE probably factors in the per annum 75k from the bonuses. It would be a real screw-over if you had to spend those points now playing Tom McEvoy heads up or whatever. I'm pretty sure they'll stay the course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no. The contract is only with respect to the date they have agreed to make the offer. If they choose to no longer offer that item after the stipulated date then they are free to do so without breaking any contract. Players can't argue reliance since it was clearly stated that the offer was only till date X.

That being said I do expect they will keep them. In the Official SNE thread Scotty said something to the effect that if everyone spent all their FPP on bonus coupons then Stars would be screwed (about a month ago / maybe 6 weeks).

My impression is that they extend the offer 6 months at a time so that they can gauge the percentage of people using them and budget. If the percentage gets too high and exceeds the budget then I can see them changing the terms but not removing them completely.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:48 AM

"In the Official SNE thread Scotty said something to the effect that if everyone spent all their FPP on bonus coupons then Stars would be screwed"

I want to order a TV from the store as a present for the holidays but it's way overpriced.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 PM

That will always be an issue with electronics. They come down in price so fast that as soon as Stars adjusts the FPP they will be outdated again pretty quickly.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:52 PM

no the joke is that
1)stars is surprised some people are abusing this
2)they care
Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 PM

I don't know how much Stars cares but I know I would. The idea that pathetic individuals end up better off finacially because of their sleazy behaviour rubs me the wrong way.

Unfortunately there is not much that can be done about it. Truth is anyone who cares enough about $110 to go though that much effort and embarrassment probably has a pretty awful life anyway so let them have their extra cash.