Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Good semibluff? 100 nl

Villain is 25/22/3 over 200, pretty tricky aggro guy that I try to avoid but don't really care that much about because it's 100 NL. I'd called him down with midpair to his double barrel with an ace on the board a few hands ago, but there's no real prevous history, a few preflop 3 bets and all that good stuff. My notes say he is overly aggressive, and tries to buy too many pots, and I dunno how much FE I have here vs. his range. I expected him to double barrel most turns, especially with an ace on board, but I'm not sure if his range should be weighted towards hands that he would bet the turn for value or those that he would be double barreling with. Obviously I went with the latter. Did I make the right play?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($115.80)
UTG ($117.30)
MP ($126.40)
CO ($61.75)
Hero ($102.75)
SB ($66.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $5, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($12.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($28.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $21</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $65</font>
Old 06-13-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Good semibluff? 100 nl

i prefer calling, since he's not folding an Ace and if he doesn't have an Ace you are likely ahead, and you can't stand a push, and both your draws are hidden

it's not a bad raise though, just kind of hard to figure out what you're representing except exactly AT.... so also because you're not representing any sort of wide and realistic range of hands i call
Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM

i hate theflop, Ace high boards are terrible to float on.

I like turn, but i like it more if u shove instead of 65.

Its good coz hes folding so many hands that beat you and when your called you have heaps of outs, also your probably playing 55/22 the same way.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Its good coz hes folding so many hands that beat you

[/ QUOTE ]

like what? 99?

an aggro player used to being played back at is not folding an Ace here
Old 06-13-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like what? 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. wrong. the only reason a good aggro player should call (or shove) here is the fishy size of the raise. Did you even look at the flop texture/action? Unless op is a complete fish, getting it in here with a lone A is pretty awful.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like what? 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. wrong. the only reason a good aggro player should call (or shove) here is the fishy size of the raise. Did you even look at the flop texture/action? Unless op is a complete fish, getting it in here with a lone A is pretty awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is not the fish; 25/22/3 aggrodonk is; post this hand as a bluff and everyone will tell you that the chance you fold a lone Ace is pretty slim vs and aggfish

also, my point is the board texture.... relatively dry board, and nothing changes on the turn (except a FD shows up), so OP's hand looks like he is FOS
Old 06-13-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like what? 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is not the fish; 25/22/3 aggrodonk is; post this hand as a bluff and everyone will tell you that the chance you fold a lone Ace is pretty slim vs and aggfish

also, my point is the board texture.... relatively dry board, and nothing changes on the turn (except a FD shows up), so OP's hand looks like he is FOS

[/ QUOTE ]

I read tricky and aggressive player that op tries to avoid which I assumed meant somewhat good. Did I miss the part where it says he's a fish or a donk?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

like what? 99?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read tricky and aggressive player that op tries to avoid which I assumed meant somewhat good. Did I miss the part where it says he's a fish or a donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, misread it

point is no one's folding an ace here when nothing's changed, and if you got him off a bluff, you likely had the best hand w/ K hi, and esp. best hand w/ the draw

i think you profit more by hitting your draw and stacking his decent hands, than folding his weak hands and getting shoved on or called by his decent hands
Old 06-13-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kind of hard to figure out what you're representing except exactly AT.... so also because you're not representing any sort of wide and realistic range of hands i call

[/ QUOTE ]

AT, A5, A2, TT, 55, 22 can all play like this.

i think the semibluff is fine.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:41 PM

keik, you don't fold AJ-AK here?

I think this is ok, but I'd rather just call.