Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: AA in 3 bet pot 5 handed

I'd have bet more on the flop and just throw it in on the turn
Old 11-25-2007, 02:20 PM

If we are b/c, isn't it better to c/rai since the board doesnt have many draws ? By c/rai I think we extract much more value from the hands we beat.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:24 PM

I dont think there is much merit to crai because he is going to check behind all the hands we beat, Im not sure why he would turn any of those into a bluff. Also all the people who shove the turn, what is your reasoning? Just understand that we are pretty much relying on one hand to pay us I think. There could be merit to c/c turn and if that gets checked through then vb the river. If I vb the river and he shoves theres still no folding though so meh.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:01 PM

anymore thoughts?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:06 PM

Based on the PF and flop, it makes sense to worry about sets. When I'm in this situation and my cbet gets called, I hate it. vs reasonable villain, you are prolly beat. But I am always shocked by the hands people are calling 3bets with PF. I see so many hands that aren't PPs here. Fact that you have AA makes AJ less likely here than if you had KK, but still I can't believe the crap that some people call 3bets with. Sometime I see QJ and then I puke and add villain to my buddies list.

Cbet size is fine with dry board. You're way ahead of his range here, and you are more likely to get called by people who think your cbet is weak and don't realize it doesn't need to be any bigger to play for stacks.

I think you have to commit here because c/f is so weak. I don't mind CRAI here. I have done it in similar situations (when I was tilting and real pissed he called flop and figured I was beat) and had villain fold, and I thought, WTF can he call flop with and then bet turn that doesn't all my c/r, but I am always surprised by how horrible some people can be.

If this guy can float you in 3bet pot, then CRAI is good, but I think this is unlikely. If I were villain OTB and you were SB and had been 3betting my steal opens a lot, I can float here and bet turn with nothing, but I doubt villain is doing that here.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:11 PM

We dont have anywhere close to enough history to make him floating the flop reasonable. He might, but it doesnt seem likely. Its funny because you guessed his exact hand but Im curious in general if its best to c/c as opposed to b/c. I dont think crai is great because he checks behind alot of hands we beat (I think) and he then definitely folds out the hands we want in there (I think).
Old 11-25-2007, 05:14 PM

I really would like to know what sort of range to give people who call reasonably-sized 3bets PF. I want to put them on set mining PPs and sometimes AK if they have position, but they always shock me with the crap they call with. I threw QJ out there because it seemed like the most ridiculous hand anyone could have in that situation, so that's what they usually show up with, but how can you put them on that.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Well the 3 bet is definitely big enough to make set mining not profitable, thats the most I can do.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM

Agreed. His call pf is horrible with JJ. Even worse with QJ.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:30 AM

i think QJ and even K/J in hes range so its b/c