Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Fairly interesting 109$ vid for the newbs

[ QUOTE ]
#25 shoving is probably unexploitable no?

hmmm I hate risking all those chips, I really dont think a shove here is good with his stack size. That being said someone with a reasonable sngpt range could prove me wrong

#39 looks pretty marginal and possibly really bad meta-game wise. i feel like this is the worst kind of spot to have ppl start calling you really light when they start to adjust to your range.

I see your point and prob would not make this shove at smaller stakes, but here I am 95% sure its +ev "condo" is a decent reg and is calling sooo tight there.

#43 i think i would be happier shoving something like 65 or 76. i would probably muck j2

yea I agree with the former, I hate to pass up on spots like this though. I would pretty much be shoving any 2 cards and it for the most part should be +ev. Dont be results oriented [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

i play for happy meals(yay!) tho so probably have no clue how ppl think at these stakes.

Thats great, I started out at the 3.40's so totally know where ur coming from thanks for the comments on my hands with the hard work u put in you should be up in stakes in no time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #36 you op from utg w 53o into a BB who last time called w A8o for his stack as 2. chipleader.

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

its just bad after seeing how light he will call no doubt , [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I was just braindead and made the push anyway. If the bb had not been an idiot then pushing 53o is fine.

Here is the discussion on the hand

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...ue#Post13003043
Old 11-18-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

No sorry! It's 26 where you called the all-in with KQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes 26 def could have been a mistake. I would like to ask someone and find out. Unfortunately I just dont like to fold [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], being all-in is so exciting!
Old 11-18-2007, 11:48 AM

That 5-3 hand was the only one that jumped out at me as being bad. The BB has just proved he's a joker and its not so bad to fold something marginal now and again in this kind of spot so that they dont think you'r pushing any two.

I don't see how that KQs hand can be a mistake. You'r getting nearly 2-1 and you'll have plenty of chips left if you lose.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

#25 shoving is probably unexploitable no?

[/ QUOTE ]

No and not even close.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:00 PM

I plan to watch this later. I'll probably make a 4 tabling video myself over thanksgiving break if not before.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:53 PM

That 53o discussion thread has SB stack 1930 instead of 2450, which makes a big difference i think, making shortstack calling lighter since hes really desperate in that hand and kinda knows ur on any2, to make that move pretty 0 or -ev, and as we can see from calling range of that guy its not good too. I've ran some sngpt variants and all seem to be maximum +0.1% ev which is very marginal, If they call relatively tight, and as it turns out they dont..

Headsup i think 98 is a good push, and after complete from sb J8 looks like a push to me too - or you had a read he was slowplaying smth strong?

Nice video, share some luck [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 05:20 PM

what is the best software (free download?) to use to make a video? thanks!