Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: My JJ is under fire too

i fold the turn. dont think its really close.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i fold the turn. dont think its really close.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

I think you should show us the math on whether or not calling the turn is correct.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's better to remain silent, and be thought a fool - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

I am not going to attempt to figure out the exact math here. I will get it wrong. With that said - if a set would win it for me or if my straight draw was definitely live, than I would have 10 outs to those hands, only 7 of which would be clean, right? So I guess I would say the pot would have to be giving me about 6.5-1 to draw?

But there is a lot more than that involved in this hand, and the math gets too complex for me here.

Bottom line is, it is pretty clear that I am behind, the pot is not enormous, and I am not even sure if I have ANY outs.

So I can't pass your math test, but I am pretty sure I made the right fold here.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:59 AM

@ OP

The interesting spot in this hand is not whether or not you should fold the turn. Thats a pretty easy fold.

However, I think flop play should be discussed.

This looks like a spot where you cant really protect your hand in a huge pot on the flop. I think it should be considered to call the flop and then raise a safe turn. You will be facing the 3 players behind you with much worse odds compared to raising the flop.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

I think you should show us the math on whether or not calling the turn is correct.

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's better to remain silent, and be thought a fool - than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too late for that since you've already opened your mouth. So the question is not whether you will be thought a fool, but whether you will choose to remain one.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too late for that since you've already opened your mouth. So the question is not whether you will be thought a fool, but whether you will choose to remain one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I use that quote, and then speak anyway. Silly me. Was my response that foolish? I pretty much just admitted that the math was beyond me. And if I am a fool, then doesn't the fact that I am thinking about hands and posting for advice, already show that I am trying to not remain one?
Old 09-26-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Daniel,

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I use that quote, and then speak anyway. Silly me. Was my response that foolish? I pretty much just admitted that the math was beyond me. And if I am a fool, then doesn't the fact that I am thinking about hands and posting for advice, already show that I am trying to not remain one?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I am not going to attempt to figure out the exact math here. I will get it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you are remaining a fool. "I won't try because I'll get it wrong."

There is much to gain from struggling with the math, even if you're not mathematically inclined (just ask any of the posters who Wookie has challenged to work out the math).