Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Re: A couple franchise selection questions

[ QUOTE ]
Here is something you usually find near Colleges, Pita Pit.

Pretty good cheap food, and when you are craving it.. you're craving it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never eaten there, but I just took a look at their website. I wouldn't exactly call it cheap food...it looks like around $8.50 for a pita, chips, and a drink at the one nearest to me. Personally, that is more that I usually want to pay for fast food. That doesn't mean they do poorly, of course...Quizno's costs about that much too...but I don't consider either of them to be "cheap". That may be an issue if you are trying to capitalize on proximity to a high school. I imagine high school students are more price-sensitive than college students. Then again, maybe I'm wrong about that...maybe they just get money from their parents and don't think twice about it.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 PM

the only cereality i know of in chicago shut down recently...prime spot in downtown chicago.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 AM

Subway Franchisee here, ask away.

Location Location Location is my primary advice.

Depending on your area all the Subway Franchise's may have been sold. However many Subways are sold each year. I bought both of mine. Buying an existing store with a skilled manager is the easiest way to go. Building a new store from ground up will require more time especially while your store manager learns their job. If your gonna be very hands off I would say a 15% profit margin is more likely.

Talk to your local Subway DA office, they can give you information about your area such as whether or not they are bulding more, and leads on potential sellers. They will not give you sales data though. Just the way they are.

Oh and you better be a people person, cause your employees are what sells your sandwiches, and if you get and keep good employees than your sales grow.

Oh and Taxes and the governments ( local,state and Feds ) are annoying.