Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: A couple franchise selection questions

Chipotle doesn't franchise.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:25 AM

If students have an offcampus lunch period then subway is much better than a coffee shop. If you were near a college I would go with a local coffee shop as you can always play on the "corporate world sucks" motto to gain people.

I dont know that high school students spend the time in a coffee shop like college students do.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I was under the impression that for Subway and other food-related franchises, the owner is the full time operator. I have to hire someone for day-to-day, I can't manage this full time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The franchisee in the post I gave said he owns three stores and spends an average of about 10 hours in each store per week.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:31 AM

Also, if you apply as a franchisee online they will send you a Franchise Offering Circular which goes more into detail about opeations, and start-up costs. They also include a list of current franchisees that you can call with any questions.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 PM

chik filet ftw
Old 07-30-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also put camera's in your shop so you don't have to wait around all the time to make sure people aren't stealing. Then randomly check the feed and call in each time you do this and complain about people standing around or eating the product...then they'll think you are always watching them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea and I'll definitely be doing something of this nature no matter what franchise I select, I'm still leaning heavily towards the coffee shop but I really need to find out if the area will support one. I'm working on how to figure that out. Thanks for the suggestion!

[ QUOTE ]
chik filet ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but Chick-fil-A is not really what I'm looking for. You just go to one of their stores and be the manager, you don't actually own it.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/operator.asp

Good stuff in here guys, thanks a lot, hope someone continues to fill my head with ideas.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:09 AM

How big is the property? I was thikning, as I was walking to my library (college), we have a lot of small coffee stands around campus. If you open a franschise whatever it may be, just have a coffee cart in it. They are small and one person can take care of it. I think that'll take care of your coffee idea plus you can use the property for another franchise. Does In and Out burger franchise?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:33 AM

Here is something you usually find near Colleges, Pita Pit.

I have enjoyed their fine food skiing in Whistler BC at 3:00 AM, driving 120+ miles to Western Washington University at 2:00 AM from Seattle, and stopping by the local one down here in San Jose, CA. Pretty good cheap food, and when you are craving it.. you're craving it.

Pita Pit food is quick to prepare, conveyor line operation, and cheap. I knew a lot of friends at WWU who would eat there three to four times a week.

Pita Pit Canada Web Site
Pita Pit USA Web Site

Unluck Subway, Quizno's, etc, you do not see them on every corner. There only two in the Bay Area, thirteen in Washington State (my two 'stomping' grounds).

Not sure about ROI, but I imagine it is online with Subway. The only negative I can think of is that the Pita's MUST be ordered from Canada, and the Pita Pit in San Jose sometimes runs out...
Old 07-31-2007, 03:34 AM

Cereality! It's a cereal bar... I've never been to one but it sounds cool.