Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

can we please have more discussion about the issues involved?

while it appears nat doesn't want to go anymore, it is likely that someone else may go in the future and the questions would be handy for them.

in addition, we can use them to create a list of questions for absolute's future statements to cover.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mnt,

Heres the problem. No independent audit company will touch this with a nine and a half foot pole IMO. Gaming Assoc is probably best since they have a detailed understanding of the industry, internal controls and the procedures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hubby works in the upper tier for a Big 4 firm. Gave him some numbers and asked him if the company would be interested in auditing it. He said that they PROBABLY would not want to do any business with a company like this.

Really nothing to add to this discussion, but I thought those that think a Big 4 Accounting firm can come in and do an audit might realize that it costs millions of dollars for something like this. Especially if it has to go back to 2003. That's a lot of numbers to dig thru.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:43 AM

Woo. Really, I'm not impressed. Appeal to authority is fallacious, especially when I don't buy into your criteria of authority.

I'll be convinced when the trip report gives details of all deals tabled.

Absolute is in containment mode. Deals will be offered. The appearance of integrity is much more important than the integrity itself.

There is a huge opportunity here for some transparency that didn't exist before, maybe. A watchdog organization with full access to conduct random audits is a mighty thing.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Woo. Really, I'm not impressed. Appeal to authority is fallacious, especially when I don't buy into your criteria of authority.

I'll be convinced when the trip report gives details of all deals tabled.

Absolute is in containment mode. Deals will be offered. The appearance of integrity is much more important than the integrity itself.

There is a huge opportunity here for some transparency that didn't exist before, maybe. A watchdog organization with full access to conduct random audits is a mighty thing.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

[/ QUOTE ]

PLZ PLZ PLZ Change custom title to something dumb
Old 10-24-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"you managed to address a guy who owns 20% of Bluff Media."

While I agree w/ your general opinion on the matter, that's a sort of silly position. If AP wanted to bribe someone w/ an offer, I'm sure they could put something together far more lucrative than 20% of Bluff Media.

[/ QUOTE ]

el d,

a) AP doesn't stand to gain enough by spending obscene amounts of money to buy nat.

b) the point is that nat doesn't need the money, not that AP couldn't possibly come up with more.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:47 AM

Ease up Ike!

This thread debating the pros and cons of the trip led to the very valuable info about (possible) legal ramifications of being considered a 'paid consultant' for AP by the US Govt, and being arrested on returning to the USA.

That's hardly insulting or ridiculous - or trivial, either. The few retards (as you so eloquently put it) questioning anyone's integrity are of no consequence and can be safely ignored. The DoJ cannot.

waveydavey: there is a big difference (indeed, all the difference you need) between undeclared and declared 'interest' and, considering Nat is basically one of the principle investigators in all this (that's the key), there is demonstrably no conflict.

FFS, an attempted 'bribe' wouldn't even require a visit to Costa Rica, for starters.

Most people don't know Nat? They know of his work though. Where do you think ABC, MSNBC, etc got this story from? Where do you think everyone's STILL getting the story from? Adanthar, Nat, Dan et al have repeatedly proved themselves 100% reliable and accurate sources from day one - in contrast with AP, natch.

Their ethics are quite beyond question to the news hounds following the story properly (ie. the ones who matter).

All heroes in my book, too.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
waveydavey: there is a big difference (indeed, all the difference you need) between undeclared and declared 'interest' and, considering Nat is basically one of the principle investigators in all this (that's the key), there is demonstrably no conflict.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am quite happy to accept this as I am far from being well versed in legal matters. I also appreciate the lack of insult in your response. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 02:54 AM

lucky: In the very beginning i stated that i'd understand the problems of being paid by Absolute with regards to the DOJ. This is not the position i'm arguing against

[ QUOTE ]
ad,

"you managed to address a guy who owns 20% of Bluff Media."

While I agree w/ your general opinion on the matter, that's a sort of silly position. If AP wanted to bribe someone w/ an offer, I'm sure they could put something together far more lucrative than 20% of Bluff Media.

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,
You are truly a man of the world.

Nat,

(Expanding on lapoker's suggestions)

Go down there, have Absolute pay your expenses + the fee, which you donate to charity. Take snaggle w/ you and party w/ him, don't go out w/ the Absolute guys socially.

Write a profile/feature on AP and this trip, give the exclusive to Bluff and have them pay you for it.

You are now uncompromised and will stand for integrity in the online poker world and open communications between poker sites and the poker community.

You might not be able to represent 2+2 posters, but you'll be able to represent the online poker playing community.

Edited to add: Have snaggle paid directly by AP, everybody knows he can be bought cheap anyway, so it doesn't matter.