Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Limbaugh Smear Letter: Why Talk Radio is Needed

Over a week ago, Rush Limbaugh called soldiers like Jesse MacBeth (aka Jesse Al Zaid) phoney soldiers. In fact, a govt operation called "Stolen Valor" target people posing as former soldiers who in fact never served. Jesse MacBeth was one of these soldiers who flunked boot camp after 44 days yet he posed as an Army Ranger that committed war attrocities in Iraq. In this video you can see a phoney picture of MacBeth where he wears the tan beret of an army ranger. If you view unedited clips of the MacBeth video, you will see the 'journalist' doing the interview was VERY helpful in his edits to make the stumbling MacBeth look more polished than he was. In the unedited versions, even a 6 year could tell he was lying about attrocities he committed....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvZyMsrFY_Q
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/press/...olenvalor.html
MacBeth's words have been tranaslated to Arabic and his words/video has been shown throughout the ENTIRE muslim world. Even today on youtube, a muslim jihadist and a 'peace' activist refuse to take down MacBeth's lies from youtube despite knowing that MacBeth is a fraud serving five months in jail for his crime.....

In response, Harry Reid and 40 other Democrat senators sent a letter to Rush Limbaugh's syndication partner complaining about Rush's use of the phrase "phoney soldiers". Being smarter than Harry Reid, Rush took this letter, placed it in a Haliburton titanium steel brief case and out it on eBay to auction off as a historical document where 41 members of the US Senate attempted to intimidate the free exercise of speech of Rush Limbaugh. For the full 7 days of the auction, Rush lampooned and mocked these 41 Dems for their stalinist intimidation tactics. The Haliburton briefcase was specifically chosen to throw sand in the Dems face. The letter sold for $2.1M making it the highest valued charity item on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=016
Rush pledged to eat all the eBay fees and donate 100% of the winning bid to a marine corps charity on whom he is a board member. In addition, Rush pledged to match the winning bid and donate this additional money to the marine corps charity as well for a total of $4.2m.

The mainstream media had a vitual blackout on this auction so it was talk radio whick led the media charge. Today, where Harry Reid got on the Senate floor and tried to take credit for the $2.1 milllion dollar donation to charity. ABC news backed Harry Reid assertion..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd...ion-ebay-letter

It takes a lot of chutzpah for Reid to claim credit....and more so for ABC to give Harry Reid credit. The reason why Air America failed is because Democrat propaganda can be seen on ABC, CBS (forged national guard memos), and NBC. Air America had too much competition. Talk Radio fills a media void that many Americans including liberals are happy to hear from... If the mainstream media was balanced, talk radio would have never enjoyed the success it enjoys today....
Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Limbaugh Smear Letter: Why Talk Radio is Needed

Why do I doubt that you were as outraged when the GOP led the charge to condemn the right of free speech exercised by moveon.org and the freedom of the press by the NY Times?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I doubt that you were as outraged when the GOP led the charge to condemn the right of free speech exercised by moveon.org and the freedom of the press by the NY Times?

[/ QUOTE ]

pointing out that the ad was basically an illegal campaign contribution isn't really suppressing free speech (unless you disagree with the law on that, but w/e)
Old 10-20-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You did not provide specifics ....so I can't respond to this question. Probably something to do with the 'General Betray Us' ad. If anything this exposes the partisanship of the NY Times which gave a HUGE price discount to a pro-Dem political group. The NY Times dicount was a defacto political contribution to the Democrat party and they were rightly criticized for it. Rudy called them out on it and forced them to give him the same discount. The NY Times did but is now asking for Rudy to pay the full price after his ad ran.....

People have the right of free speech but only the govt can censor free speech. When 41 democrat senators use senate time and their positions as powerful senators to intimidate a PRIVATE CITIZEN because his speech is not to their liking.....this is a classic stalinist tactic...

Not to mention that the senators were lying through their teeth...about what Limbaugh said.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:08 AM

"When 41 democrat senators use senate time and their positions as powerful senators to intimidate a PRIVATE CITIZEN because his speech is not to their liking.....this is a classic stalinist tactic..."

There you go again.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"When 41 democrat senators use senate time and their positions as powerful senators to intimidate a PRIVATE CITIZEN because his speech is not to their liking.....this is a classic stalinist tactic..."

There you go again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy,

How many times have I told you that you arent allowed to quote Reagan? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 03:54 PM

I'm probably the only one here old enough to remember.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does a 501(c)(3) organization have free political speech?

Didn't think so.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, yes.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press

I think my source trumps yours.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't think so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, yes.

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press

I think my source trumps yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when it comes to criticizing politicians within 60 days of an election, we don't have freedom of speech. Congress passes McCain-Feingold, which greatly limited our ability to express our feelings on politicians running for election. I can say what I want, I just can't use paid media to do it. IMO, a gross violation of the First Amendment. However, the Supreme Court said it was kosher. Only a matter of time before the scope of this type of restriction is expanded. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]