Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: NBA 2007-08 Week 3 Thread (11/12 - 11/18)

Well the Spurs got torched by the Mavs. Duncan sat out the last four minutes; I have no idea if its serious.

I think we are seeing a changing of the guard with the Mavericks if last night is any indication.

Jason Terry, Josh Howard, and Devin Harris as a group far outshadowed Dirk Nowitzski as an individual.

It is looking like it's that trio much more than Dirk's unstoppability that is going to make the Mavericks a title contender when they have to face good teams in the playoffs.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well the Spurs got torched by the Mavs. Duncan sat out the last four minutes; I have no idea if its serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we sucked last night. Not sure why we have so much trouble with Dallas. The early turnovers killed us, and nobody could hit shots besides Barry. Duncan is fine, he banged his knee and we were down by 13 so Pop took everybody out at that point. Pretty sure Parker and a few others got a good ass-chewing after the game. I expect a big win against McGrady-less Houston tonight.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Quick question: does Jason Terry miss?

I mean the guy hit everything.

Oh and for the love of God Michael Finley needs to be benched. For everything Terry hit for the Mavs Finley seemed to miss for the Spurs.

For the NBA champs the Spurs have a few guys that make me shutter they play so bad.

-Michael Finley (he cannot make a shot0
-Matt Bonner (he seems so damn clumsy and when he is left open he doesn't deliver on big shots, which should be his role you would think)
-Oberto hasn't impressed me in the least (he gives you 20 mintues, 3-4 fouls, maybe 4-5 rebounds and gets blown off the dribble by every opposing player)
-Jacque Vaughn has always been useless. I don't think his defense is nearly as good as it should be for a guy who looks afraid on offense against good defenders

Also Tony Parker isn't playing particularly well.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:41 PM

hey bobby, um you know the spurs right? those are the guys who won everything last year...with all of the guys you mention as making you shutter they play so bad...

and that team that you say is the air apparent...yea, they lost to the warriors in the first round last year....and also yea, we're not even 10 games into the season yet.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:56 PM

I didn't say they were the "air" "apparent." I just said they have a changing of the guard.

Don't be so cocky-Michael Finley's ineptness better be fixed or he will take the Spurs down if he gets a lot of postseason minutes.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't be so cocky-Michael Finley's ineptness better be fixed or he will take the Spurs down if he gets a lot of postseason minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so ridiculous.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say they were the "air" "apparent." I just said they have a changing of the guard.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, take it to sporting events
Old 11-16-2007, 02:06 PM

Yeah, this is more Sporting Events material, but I'll give my quick responses. That place is infested with Suns and Celtics fans, anyway. :P

[ QUOTE ]

For the NBA champs the Spurs have a few guys that make me shutter they play so bad.

-Michael Finley (he cannot make a shot0

[/ QUOTE ]

He started off last year terrible as well, seems to be one of those guys that take a while to get into a groove. I would personally like to see Manu get more of his minutes and would start Manu, but Pop obviously knows what he's doing a lot more than I do.

[ QUOTE ]

-Matt Bonner (he seems so damn clumsy and when he is left open he doesn't deliver on big shots, which should be his role you would think)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have been pleased with what he's done so far. He is an upgrade over Horry, for the most part.

[ QUOTE ]

-Oberto hasn't impressed me in the least (he gives you 20 mintues, 3-4 fouls, maybe 4-5 rebounds and gets blown off the dribble by every opposing player)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fab is what he is. I wish he wouldn't play so passively, but don't think that is going to change at this point. I like Elson's aggressiveness and wish he would get more minutes. He's starting to show the ability to go through longer stretches without [censored] up.

[ QUOTE ]

-Jacque Vaughn has always been useless. I don't think his defense is nearly as good as it should be for a guy who looks afraid on offense against good defenders

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, I would prefer to see Darius Washington continue to get playing time instead of Vaughn. Not really a significant factor in our success either way, though.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:19 PM

Ill give you donks one play since I have to get Wiper to PM me.(((((SO WIPER PM ME your FULLTILT name, since i didnt finish football on this board, ill ship you $100))))

Miami Heat ML against Celtics tonight
take the 10.5-11.5 if ur scared.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM

ORL -3.5 5u
NOR -3.5 2u

I'm going to keep betting against the Nets until the books realize they [censored] suck.