Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Focus on the Family News...

[ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that we gain way more out of our involvement with WTO than pretty much everybody else.

Is withdrawing from the WTO as simple as FOF makes it sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is easy to leave .... that's not the issue. (you just tell everyone that you are no longer part of the WTO lol )

The issue is that there would no doubt be consequences because almost all the nations are in the WTO these days and it would be difficult for any intellectual property to be protected outside the USA without being in the WTO. There would be imo consequences shortterm and longterm, anyone who tells otherwise is lying. But in the end they can be overcome, they are not a huge issue. The USA would just have to make agreements between them and individual nations (as in the "old" days) which would be no problem cause the USA is still the largest economy (you would have to be an idiot to not want to make a deal with the USA ).

However the real question is this "would it be the right thing to do to leave?". And my answer is yes without any doubt. It would be good for all "normal" USA citizens. The main issue now is that the USA government is nothing more than a WTO slave. They can say whatever they want in congress but in the end the WTO decides. This can never be a good thing. Also many things the WTO does happen in secret (which is another bad thing). Noone knows what exactly is decided there (i am guessing not even the president ).

Again I fully understand that pokerplayers who want to play online might have a different opinion atm about the WTO. But there are other ways to fight the UIGEA imo. You don't need the WTO. Every time you want something from the WTO they will take alot more from you .... .

To compare it with poker ... lets say you sign up for 50% rakeback at a site and then suddenly the site changes the agreement and gives you less and less rakeback and charging you fees without asking you anything. That's basically how the WTO operates. They make you sign an agreement and then add or change it without giving you a chance to agree or disagree. (in poker you can change sites, however with the WTO you can't change to another organization .... you might as well just leave ).

One of the plans of WTO is the codex alimentarius , most people have no idea what it is and I didn't either till a few months ago. I have asked several politicians about it and have received no answer at all. But what I found out about it is that it will be a mandatory standard for all nations who are in the WTO. If a country refuses to comply they can not appeal to the WTO for anything , they will lose every single case cause they are not codex compliant. To make it worse this law is not a regular law , but can be compared to laws from the 19th century as in everything not permitted is forbidden and the law can not be overturned by your government or congress. It will stand above all other laws and will have to be enforced (if not you run into problems with the WTO ). The idea right now is to make it mandatory at the end of 2009. Part of the index outlaws almost all vitamins, it reintroduces certain dangerous pesticides, it allows imported food to contain certain dangerous substances and a whole list of bad things. Basically vitamins and minerals are classified as poison under the codex and most will be forbidden (as in illegal just like drugs is now). This is of course a very dangerous law ..... unfortunately it happens all in secret and almost noone seems to know anything about it.
As individual country you have only one choice if you don't want this index ..... leave the WTO unless you can get enough support to change it (but knowing the WTO this will be tough).
Old 10-05-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that we gain way more out of our involvement with WTO than pretty much everybody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is easy to leave .... that's not the issue. (you just tell everyone that you are no longer part of the WTO lol )

The issue is that there would no doubt be consequences because almost all the nations are in the WTO these days and it would be difficult for any intellectual property to be protected outside the USA without being in the WTO. There would be imo consequences shortterm and longterm, anyone who tells otherwise is lying. But in the end they can be overcome, they are not a huge issue. The USA would just have to make agreements between them and individual nations (as in the "old" days) which would be no problem cause the USA is still the largest economy (you would have to be an idiot to not want to make a deal with the USA ).

However the real question is this "would it be the right thing to do to leave?". And my answer is yes without any doubt. It would be good for all "normal" USA citizens. The main issue now is that the USA government is nothing more than a WTO slave. They can say whatever they want in congress but in the end the WTO decides. This can never be a good thing. Also many things the WTO does happen in secret (which is another bad thing). Noone knows what exactly is decided there (i am guessing not even the president ).

Again I fully understand that pokerplayers who want to play online might have a different opinion atm about the WTO. But there are other ways to fight the UIGEA imo. You don't need the WTO. Every time you want something from the WTO they will take alot more from you .... .

To compare it with poker ... lets say you sign up for 50% rakeback at a site and then suddenly the site changes the agreement and gives you less and less rakeback and charging you fees without asking you anything. That's basically how the WTO operates. They make you sign an agreement and then add or change it without giving you a chance to agree or disagree. (in poker you can change sites, however with the WTO you can't change to another organization .... you might as well just leave ).

One of the plans of WTO is the codex alimentarius , most people have no idea what it is and I didn't either till a few months ago. I have asked several politicians about it and have received no answer at all. But what I found out about it is that it will be a mandatory standard for all nations who are in the WTO. If a country refuses to comply they can not appeal to the WTO for anything , they will lose every single case cause they are not codex compliant. To make it worse this law is not a regular law , but can be compared to laws from the 19th century as in everything not permitted is forbidden and the law can not be overturned by your government or congress. It will stand above all other laws and will have to be enforced (if not you run into problems with the WTO ). The idea right now is to make it mandatory at the end of 2009. Part of the index outlaws almost all vitamins, it reintroduces certain dangerous pesticides, it allows imported food to contain certain dangerous substances and a whole list of bad things. Basically vitamins and minerals are classified as poison under the codex and most will be forbidden (as in illegal just like drugs is now). This is of course a very dangerous law ..... unfortunately it happens all in secret and almost noone seems to know anything about it.
As individual country you have only one choice if you don't want this index ..... leave the WTO unless you can get enough support to change it (but knowing the WTO this will be tough).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if youre troll or a shill, it doesn't matter. Leave the WTO, thats real smart. Lets just have the largest glabal contraction since the Black Death. Make everyone poorer. Lose jobs. Maybe a few countries break down in riots and famine. Just destroy the greatest tool of prosperity and progress from the 20th century. Real Christlike buddy.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Real Christlike buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the content of his posts he identifies himself as a member of the religious right. Why would you expect him to act Christlike?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the following link closely and then take a deep breath. web page

"...the US is under absolutely no obligation to change its existing laws and replace them with Codex guidelines..."

We also apparently already participate in the Codex.

The sky is not falling. Your God will protect you. Just relax...
Old 10-06-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he takes their sins away and they will not be judged on judgement day (that's what the bible says) and they get eternal life .

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply unfathomable that so many people really feel that this is reality
Old 10-06-2007, 02:26 PM

LOL I think this poker007 guy is a troll. He's clearly getting his marching orders on the WTO from some right wing I believe in conspiracy group.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:24 PM

Why all the name calling ? It's not cause you don't agree with me that you have to start name calling.

Maybe you should read up on the issue before you make any such comments.

I read up on it and this codex is a bad thing. I read that link, but it doesn't really answer any questions. It just says that the USA is currently not using the codex... . And it says the USA has some law that protects against it "DSHAE". Maybe you should know that right now there are 5 bills in congress trying to remove "DSHAE". Your link doesn't answer the question on whether or not it is mandatory in 2010.
Your link does say that any imported food can not be stopped at the border if it is codex compliant (something i have said in my previous post).

I have been to the WTO site itself and searched for the document, but it seems buried under like 1000 other documents which makes it almost impossible to find. I find it odd that such an important document can not be found right away on their own site.

And btw I am not a member of any right wing organization. And I think it's not smart to listen to someone else telling "everything is ok" or "this is a bad thing". Read up on it yourself , that's what I did. And as far as I see noone has denied that minerals and vitamins are classified as poisons under this codex ..... .
Old 10-06-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why all the name calling ? It's not cause you don't agree with me that you have to start name calling.

Maybe you should read up on the issue before you make any such comments.

I read up on it and this codex is a bad thing. I read that link, but it doesn't really answer any questions. It just says that the USA is currently not using the codex... . And it says the USA has some law that protects against it "DSHAE". Maybe you should know that right now there are 5 bills in congress trying to remove "DSHAE". Your link doesn't answer the question on whether or not it is mandatory in 2010.
Your link does say that any imported food can not be stopped at the border if it is codex compliant (something i have said in my previous post).

I have been to the WTO site itself and searched for the document, but it seems buried under like 1000 other documents which makes it almost impossible to find. I find it odd that such an important document can not be found right away on their own site.

And btw I am not a member of any right wing organization. And I think it's not smart to listen to someone else telling "everything is ok" or "this is a bad thing". Read up on it yourself , that's what I did. And as far as I see noone has denied that minerals and vitamins are classified as poisons under this codex ..... .

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you posted to tell us you "heard something is bad"? That's fascinating and all, but can you provide any actual evidence? Cite whatever it is you read, perhaps? Thanks.