Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Is folding correct or is the pot too big

Is folding correct or is the pot too big

It’s a decent $20/$40. A lag limps utg , mp drunk (who plays too well for as wasted as he is) limps and I raise AJo in the cutoff. I cringe as the small blind 3-bets (tag who plays very well) and the 2 limpers and I call.

The flop comes J 9 7 – two clubs. The sb bets,the lag raises and the drunk cold calls.

I have no club, I….
Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Is folding correct or is the pot too big

Hmmmmm. Originally I was going to say 3 bet, but I think it would be pretty awesome to just call. Let the lag keep the lead. If the lag bets the turn, then you raise to try and force the tag out.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:28 AM

Fold? I'd be more likely to raise or call than fold here.

I'd probably call here and get more information before going banzai. If SB 3-bets, I fold turn improved. If lag 4-bets the flop, I'm outta there.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:43 AM

We are likely WA/WB with SB as he usually has either 3 outs or we have 5 of them with the only exception being KQs and TT. We don't have to worry about these because KQs has very few combinations and can still be discounted while TTs outs kill your hand anyways and often overlap with UTG and MPs.

We are way ahead of both other players ranges, but we are in poor position to do anything forcing either of them to make an improper call on either the flop or turn. We do want to charge them to hit their 2pair, straight and flush draws.

I call here because if we are behind so it is the easiest way for us to find information(SB should always 3bet if we are behind, but he won't always cap if we 3bet(he probably should though)). I intend to raise a lot of turns, but some of that depends on whether you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or Jclub: here.

As a side note, you should be raising a relatively wide range preflop and a thinking SB should recognize this. This coupled with his incentive to try to push out the 2 limpers means his 3bet might be a little light, plus you have position so you needn't cringe just yet.