Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most annoying poster in this thread?
Snowball138 8 44.44%
Snowball138 2 11.11%
Snowball138 6 33.33%
Snowball138 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: PASSAMAN POST #666. BBV 10 COMMANDMENTS

Prove that God exists - can't
Prove that God doesn't exist - can't

/thread

isn't there a forum for people to tell other people what their beliefs should be?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:28 AM

WHY DOES THIS TRHEAD HAVE SO MANY POSTS WAS THERE SOME NUDES POSTED OR SOMETHING WTF
WHY DOES THIS TRHEAD HAVE SO MANY POSTS WAS THERE SOME NUDES POSTED OR SOMETHING WTF
Old 11-08-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am pointing out that the bible and science is compatible in its account of the origin of the universe, and mention Dr. Ross' work in that field.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, there are countless ways in which the Bible is incompatible with science.

How literally do you take the Bible? There is simply no way anyone can literally believe in Noah's Ark story without losing all scientific credibility.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am pointing out that the bible and science is compatible in its account of the origin of the universe, and mention Dr. Ross' work in that field.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, there are countless ways in which the Bible is incompatible with science.

How literally do you take the Bible? There is simply no way anyone can literally believe in Noah's Ark story without losing all scientific credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm telling you, when you enter my arena you risk sounding as bad as you accuse me of sounding in science. What if it's possible that the ancient Hebrew says that the flood was confined to the Mesopotamian valley, where geologist already know there was an ancient flood? What if the bible doesn't say at all that the entire earth was covered in water (which, of course, is scientifically impossible, as there is no possible explanation for the removal of that water outside of geologic forces so severe that the remaining inhabitants would have assuredly been killed). What if what you think the bible says about Noah's Ark isn't what it says at all? Do you know enough about ancient Hebrew and the Genesis account to say for sure that science and the flood account are incompatible?
Old 11-08-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if it's possible that the ancient Hebrew says that the flood was confined to the Mesopotamian valley, where geologist already know there was an ancient flood?

[/ QUOTE ]
See, that's all fine. There probably WAS a local flood in mesopotamia 4K years ago. But where's the miracle in that?

Does the Bible NOT say that Noah literally took 2 of each animal etc?

There are Young-Earth Creationists who literally believe that. You sound like you don't agree with them (and that's good), but they get their stuff straight from the Bible too.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What if it's possible that the ancient Hebrew says that the flood was confined to the Mesopotamian valley, where geologist already know there was an ancient flood?

[/ QUOTE ]
See, that's all fine. There probably WAS a local flood in mesopotamia 4K years ago. But where's the miracle in that?

Does the Bible NOT say that Noah literally took 2 of each animal etc?

There are Young-Earth Creationists who literally believe that. You sound like you don't agree with them (and that's good), but they get their stuff straight from the Bible too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. People who believe the bible is literal (as I do), but believe it's literal IN ENGLISH (i.e. worldwide flood, animals non-native to that region, 7 24 hr. days of creation, earth 7000 years old) do nothing but innoculate any one with any scientific knowledge whatsoever against what the MAIN POINT of the bible is (it isn't the origin of the universe, btw). See, you could actually acknowledge the existence of God, as many scientists do, but deny anything in the bible since Christians make claims that science is wrong and the bible is right. But what if science and the bible actually agree? What if we took that tack? Why waste time arguing about how old the earth is, when it costs people hearing the actual message of the bible. So, Christians who do that, while sincere, are just silly and actually do nothing more than cause problems.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. People who believe the bible is literal (as I do), but believe it's literal IN ENGLISH (i.e. worldwide flood, animals non-native to that region, 7 24 hr. days of creation, earth 7000 years old) do nothing but innoculate any one with any scientific knowledge whatsoever against what the MAIN POINT of the bible is (it isn't the origin of the universe, btw). See, you could actually acknowledge the existence of God, as many scientists do, but deny anything in the bible since Christians make claims that science is wrong and the bible is right. But what if science and the bible actually agree? What if we took that tack? Why waste time arguing about how old the earth is, when it costs people hearing the actual message of the bible. So, Christians who do that, while sincere, are just silly and actually do nothing more than cause problems.

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand what you're getting at, but who really knows what the Bible originally looked like, given the number of the times it has been translated? I mean people can try to interpret it in ways so that it doesn't contradict modern science, but from an atheist point of view, why should I care? I have no interest in the Bible because I don't believe it, as the divinity of the Bible is not proven to any degree. The Christian God, or ANY god, is not proven to any degree.

I'll start caring about what the Bible says when God heels an amputee (or any act proving divine intervention).
Old 11-08-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand what you're getting at, but who really knows what the Bible originally looked like, given the number of the times it has been translated? I mean people can try to interpret it in ways so that it doesn't contradict modern science, but from an atheist point of view, why should I care? I have no interest in the Bible because I don't believe it, as the divinity of the Bible is not proven to any degree. The Christian God, or ANY god, is not proven to any degree.

I'll start caring about what the Bible says when God heels an amputee (or any act proving divine intervention).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's totally illogical to use the bible to prove the bible.

BTW, I have personally witnessed many, many miracles. And I'm not talking about stomach aches or ear aches or head aches going away. I'm talking about cancer being cured (gone, without treatments), facial tumors removed, incurable, incredibly painful neurological diseases instantly removed after two years of suffering. There's no reason for you to believe me, but I am speaking the absolute truth. I am a personal eyewitness to these things.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I have personally witnessed many, many miracles. And I'm not talking about stomach aches or ear aches or head aches going away. I'm talking about cancer being cured (gone, without treatments), facial tumors removed, incurable, incredibly painful neurological diseases instantly removed after two years of suffering. There's no reason for you to believe me, but I am speaking the absolute truth. I am a personal eyewitness to these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd
Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'd

[/ QUOTE ]

i once hit running threes on the turn and river and my 33 beat AA on a AT7 board.

True story. Jesus at work.