Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Questions from the Wire through episode 49.** SPOILERS THROUGH EP 49**

1) Im still confused by one aspect of the heist, although it was discussed in another thread WITH FULL SEASON SPOILERS****.

When Omar first muscles in on Joe's shop an episode or two back, Joe agrees to help Omar set up Marlo at some point in the future, and says it will work by sending a message to the burner to indicate when the drop will take place.

Then, when Cheese is getting ready to go for the delivery of the shipment, with Omar and co. tailing them, Omar gets the call from Prop Joe and says "that's that message from Joe, but we already know what it says." Since Joe wasn't setting himself up for the robbery of his own shipment, I still don't understand why the call took place at this time.

2) I might be a little slow on the uptake, but is the viewer meant to assume that Michael was in fact molested or something by Bug's father at some point in their past? I'm pretty sure that's the case, but it's not spelled out, more revealed through Chris' savagery during the hit and a subtle comment Michael made a few episodes back "Everyone's just too f'ing friendly."

3) Minor curio, but remember that guy who was like Marlo's "cosigliere"--the old, sharp-looking dude who hung around the rim shop dispensing advise and acting as a liason? What happened to him?

4) Was Avon in any of the episodes this year? I don't think so.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Questions from the Wire through episode 49.** SPOILERS THROUGH EP

1) it's been a while since I watched them, but this part was confusing so I tried to go over them again. My current understanding is that joe was going to hook up Omar up with the drop between Joe's nephew and Marlo - NOT the drop between NYC and Joe. Omar tailed the nephew and saw him picking up cash and figured out that the big drop was coming in.

2) yes, I thought that was pretty clear even though it wasnt specific.

3) no idea

4) no.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read in another thread that Avon retired from the show because the writers killed Stringer.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read in another thread that Avon retired from the show because the writers killed Stringer.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really surprising if it's true. Is there any source for this rumor? Stringer had to get got.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM

i started watching season 4 in real time, and have since watched seasons 1 and most of 2.

one thing i've yet to figure out. omar is constantly robbing the dealers of $$ and drugs, yet never seems to live a "balla" lifestyle. where does the $$ go that he's stealing? if this answer lies in season 3, then just tell me that, without spoiling it for me.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:46 PM

2) it seemed like chris was also molested during his childhood. he was venting some issues when beating bug's daddy.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) it seemed like chris was also molested during his childhood. he was venting some issues when beating bug's daddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree, I picked up the same vibe.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's really surprising if it's true. Is there any source for this rumor? Stringer had to get got.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was in an interview where Wood Harris said he did not appreciate the fact that they killed off Stringer and D'Angelo Barksdale. He thought the actors were terrific and intimated that he would no longer participate in the show and had in essence moved on in his career. It also mentioned that David Simon obliged and Avon will no longer be a character in the show. I posted it in another Wire thread awhile back.

I will see if I can find it.

As for the questions asked :

1.) Omar trumped Prop Joe, instead of just going after Marlo's stash he went after the whole damn thing. Prop Joe is in a world of hurt presently.

2.) It was apparent that Chris knew why Mike wanted Bug's dad offed. I think it was also apparent that Chris had similar issues judging by that beating he put on the guy.

They never just come out and say Michael got molested or anything but I think from all the inferences and Michaels actions towards father figure males he was in fact molested. I suppose that is the realism of the show because what kid that age is going to tell the world he got molested.......... Actually more than that, what person could Michael actually trust with that information. I guess in the real world it would be Chris, a person that could immediately put an end to that situation.

3.) No idea.

4.) answered above.

This episode (49) was awesome. Then again that is a redundant statement.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 PM

Does anyone know when the season finale (set to air December 10th) will show up on HBO On Demand?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know when the season finale (set to air December 10th) will show up on HBO On Demand?

[/ QUOTE ]

its already on demand for me