Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: 50NL: I butcher QQ on pretty much every street

The Turn...

Flop: ($8.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $8.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero calls $8.75</font>

<font color="blue">Looks like I should have just shoved. I played it weak tight and just called. I was planning on folding to a turn bet.</font>

Turn: ($26.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $6.50</font>,<font color="red"> Hero ?</font>

<font color="blue">That's a pretty terrible card. I was planning on folding to any bet, but then he bets so small. To me it looks like he's trying to setup a shove on the river. Can I really fold getting like 5-1 here?</font>
Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM

You might as well treat the turn bet as a shove, because he barely has anything behind him so you're forced to call the river if you call the turn. That said, as played i would fold the turn because it seems as if he's afraid you're going to be scared of the K with AT or QQ-JJ... which you are. It's not like he's going to be bet/folding with such a short stack on that card... only possible alternative is he's itching to go all in with probably an overpair (or possibly KK). You're really not getting 5-1 because a call here means a call on the river.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Also, although unlikely he might be playing AK terribly here in which case you're also beat. Essentially there's practically nothing except for a complete preflop bluff that you beat after that turn card and bet... and a EP limp/minraise is not likely to be a bluff.